cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

HDMI core YCbCr support

Hi all,

I am using ZCU104 board. we are connecting HDMI YCbCr 4:2:2 to it. Unfortunately, it can't show it in the HDMI output and we are receiving so many warning or error. But, as soon as we change it to RGB 4:4:4 it works. My question is that do HDMI rx subsystem or other cores from Xilinx accept the YCbCr as well or not? Because, I have noticed that the conversion matrices differ.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

HDMI RX Subsystem does accept YCbCR input. Video Processing Subsystem can be used to change the color space if you want, it can also accept YCbCr. You might be missing some configuration on SDK portion for HDMI RX/TX Subsystem. You can check the example design provided in Vivado fro HDMI RX/TX subsystem on using different colorspaces.
Regards, abhidan@logictronix.com
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided solves your query. Give Kudos if you think it was helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Hi @EmbeddedVideo 

What is your source device ? Your laptop pc ? STB ? or other ?

I guess you don't prepare proper edid on your HDMI Rx.

So I suggest you to prepare proper edid and implement it on HDMI Rx.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello @EmbeddedVideo ,

Could You please let me know the color depth that You had used for 4:2:2 format. Reason behind asking this question is, Our HDMI Sub Systems always supports 12-bit color depth for 4:2:2 color format. This was already addressed in our PG236 / PG235.

With Regards,

Ashok.

0 Kudos