cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SriramGangadhar
Visitor
Visitor

HDMI syncronization problem while displaying.

I'm using the HDMI 1.4/2.0 Tx subsystem to display an image on a screen. I have interfaced this with the AXI VDMA and the image is the result of a custom image processing IP I have developed and packaged.

However, there seems to be a synchronization problem on screen where the (0,0) point of the screen is shifted. I have circled the 0,0 point on the image I have attached. I am also attaching a picture of the IP integrator block design. WhatsApp Image 2020-11-20 at 10.07.30 AM.jpeg

The image is a 1024x1024 Image that I am trying to display on a monitor at resolution 1920x1080 @60Hz . For the HDMI interfacing I mainly use the code provided in the example design provided in Chapter 6 of PG235.

BD.PNG

This is the block design. As I mentioned I have interfaced this with AXI VDMA and my own custom IP. I store the images on my DDR memory and display it from there. Even without processing I get the same sync issues.

Can anyone help me/ guide me in the right direction towards solving this issue so I can display the entire image on the screen?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
watari
Teacher
Teacher

Hi @SriramGangadhar 

Would you share your posted bd image as PDF file and video timing ?

Best regards,

0 Kudos
SriramGangadhar
Visitor
Visitor

I've attached the BD below.

As for Video timing, it is handled by the IP. I am running it at 1920x1080p @ 60Hz, with 8bits per component and 2 pixels per clock. The SDK code used to configure is the example code provided by Xilinx. I have added VDMA and DMA functionality.

0 Kudos
SriramGangadhar
Visitor
Visitor

I am using the ZCU102 es2 evaluation board
0 Kudos