cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDMI to UVC (USB Webcam) and Vice Versa

Jump to solution

Is there a way to convert a live HDMI stream and output a USB Video Class (UVC) output so a PC can see the stream from within Skype or some other webcam type application? How about the other way around? Connect a webcam to an Xlinx FPGA and convert it to HDMI for display on a large screen monitor? 4K@30 resolutions right now but possibly 4K@60 later?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Teacher
Teacher

Hi phil@pswitchers.com 

>So, is the idea to create a instance of Linux running GStreamer to accomplish the content conversion?

Yes.

You can accomplish what you want to do on Linux running GStreamer.

>Does it support UVC so one doesn't require special drivers when connecting the USB to a Windows based PC?

I don't have enough knowlegment about UVC.

But, I guess you can achieve it by using v4l2 driver and media-ctl command on Linux.

Best regards,

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Teacher
Teacher

Hi phil@pswitchers.com 

> Connect a webcam to an Xlinx FPGA and convert it to HDMI for display on a large screen monitor?

Yes. You can use gstreamer to achieve what you want to do.

Best regards,

0 Kudos

Thank you, Watari.

So, is the idea to create a instance of Linux running GStreamer to accomplish the content conversion?  Does it support UVC so one doesn't require special drivers when connecting the USB to a Windows based PC?

Phil

0 Kudos
Teacher
Teacher

Hi phil@pswitchers.com 

>So, is the idea to create a instance of Linux running GStreamer to accomplish the content conversion?

Yes.

You can accomplish what you want to do on Linux running GStreamer.

>Does it support UVC so one doesn't require special drivers when connecting the USB to a Windows based PC?

I don't have enough knowlegment about UVC.

But, I guess you can achieve it by using v4l2 driver and media-ctl command on Linux.

Best regards,

View solution in original post

My research seems to confirm you feelings about the V4L2 driver solution.

Thank you so much for your responses.

Phil

0 Kudos