Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yellowd
Explorer
Explorer

Hang at starting udev with SDI and VCU on XCZU4EV

Jump to solution

Hi!

I want to use VCU to encode the video input from SDI and the reference is zcu106 SDI_VCU_TRD. When I added VCU and SDI-related IP cores to my customized project, the image compiled by petalinux got stuck in the middle of booting and did not continue to output boot information (see attachment sdi-boot-ext4.txt for the boot log); After removing the VCU from the project, the compiled image can be started normally, and media0, video0 and v4l-subdev can also be found under /dev. The reference clock of VCU is 33M, the AXI master clock of encoder, decoder and MCU is 330M, and the clock of axi lite is 100M. VCU reset from PS EMIO and from  processor system reset have the same result. Are there any limitations or patches when using SDI with VCU?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
yellowd
Explorer
Explorer

问题解决但原因很奇怪。从pg252中可以看到vcu是低电平复位,并且我用PS EMIO0来控制vcu复位引脚。petalinux自动生成的设备树中VCU的复位是高电平有效,我在system-user.dtsi中将VCU的复位改为低电平有效,然后petalinux-build,生成的镜像会停在starting udev;如果我不在system-user.dtsi中将VCU复位改为低电平有效,则petalinux-build得到的镜像可以正常启动,生成media和v4l设备节点。

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
badegoke_f1
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi, 
I think you should check if you have a gpio reset for the VCU node in your DTB. 
Or you can post your decompiled DTB.

Thanks

0 Kudos
yellowd
Explorer
Explorer

@badegoke_f1 

Thanks for your response. I am sure that I configure the device tree correctly.

0 Kudos
yellowd
Explorer
Explorer

Rebuild the project, connect ENC0 and ENC1 to HP0, and connect DEC0 and DEC1 to HP2. After recompilation, the kernel starts normally and generates the correct device node. In the previous project, ENC0 and ENC1 are connected to HP0, and DEC0 and DEC1 are connected to HP1, and the kernel cannot be started normally. I don’t know if there is some unknown relationship between HP interfaces, or VCU has certain requirements for HP interfaces

0 Kudos
yellowd
Explorer
Explorer

I encountered the same problem again. This time, even if the frame buffer write and the HP interface of the VCU are exchanged, it is useless. At the same time, I saw on the forum that other developers had similar problems, that is, the kernel startup stopped at starting udev, especially when the block design includes both SDI and VCU.

kennel stops at starting udevkennel stops at starting udev

0 Kudos
yellowd
Explorer
Explorer

问题解决但原因很奇怪。从pg252中可以看到vcu是低电平复位,并且我用PS EMIO0来控制vcu复位引脚。petalinux自动生成的设备树中VCU的复位是高电平有效,我在system-user.dtsi中将VCU的复位改为低电平有效,然后petalinux-build,生成的镜像会停在starting udev;如果我不在system-user.dtsi中将VCU复位改为低电平有效,则petalinux-build得到的镜像可以正常启动,生成media和v4l设备节点。

View solution in original post

0 Kudos