Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zaab9
Visitor
Visitor

Help me SysGen and Simulink

I used Matlab 2012b and ISE Desing 14.2 

When I want to run System Generator´s Block I have the following error

Error evaluating 'OpenFcn' callback of Xilinx System Generator Block Bloc (mask)'untitled/System Generator'

Undefined variable "com" or class "com.xilinx.sysgen.util.StrategyUtil.loadAllstreategyNames".

If someone coud help, please 

Thanks

0 Kudos
8 Replies
pratham
Scholar
Scholar

@zaab9 Please do not post duplicate

http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/Help-me-with-System-generator/m-p/648903

-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
balkris
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

This error is due to a known issue with System Generator running on the Student Edition of MATLAB. Currently, System Generator is not supported on this version of MATLAB. For details on supported tools see (Xilinx Answer 17966).  

Please make sure you have correct license

Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
balkris
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

You can work around this issue by performing the following command line when launching MATLAB:

%Matlab%\toolbox\xilinx\sysgen\bin\sysgengui.exe -regserver

This needs to be run on every network machine on which you wish to use System Generator to properly set the registry. This can be added to a MATLAB startup script or to the "startup.m" file.
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
0 Kudos
balkris
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

check these suggestions

1: Set environment Variable for sysgen and all compatible software

2: Run this command on Matlab Command window.

>> xlAddSysgen(getenv('XILINX_DSP'))

3: Sometimes installation may be corrupted and antivirus software may be the cause. If you install Sysgen and other compatible software with antivirus on your system, then it can quarantine an installation file.

Need to follow following steps to solve this issue

Disable all antivirus software
Uninstall ISE/Sysgen
Uninstall Matlab
Install ISE/Sygen again
Install Matlab again
Link Sysgen to this Matlab

4: If workspace variables were created in a previous version of the tools and then imported into a newer version, this has been known to cause problems as the xlSgRoot variable does not get updated. Recreating the workspace variables should remove the error.

Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
0 Kudos
balkris
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

one more suggestion,
This has been known to occur when a user has the MYVIVADO environment variable set in their system.

Disabling the MYVIVADO environment variable and closing and reopening Sysgen can work around this issue.
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
0 Kudos
knugent
Adventurer
Adventurer

I have MATLAB home and Simulink plug in (purchased both licenses)

I also have free Vivado 2019.2 Web version which I use but it does not support SysGen !

Seen other tickets that Sysgen needs a Vivado system edition license

Is this the only option to get/run SysGen via MATLAB/SIMULINK ?

[I am just a home user and like the cheapest option available]

0 Kudos
florentw

HI @knugent 

I would advise you to create a new topic when you have a question, even more when the questions are not related. There is low chances to get traction on a post which is 3 years old.

With that said, you might want to see the reply I gave in this topic:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/AI-Engine-DSP-IP-and-Tools/Webpack-and-System-Generator/td-p/1103627

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
knugent
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi Florent,

Wrt the link you've included, the System Generator for DSP Node-Locked License ($995) or Floating License ($1295) are both quite expensive !

I am just a home user and I was expecting a much lower price !

eg bought MATLAB home for just £115 & Simulink toolbox £29 from MathWorks for home users.

Kevin

0 Kudos