Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asimkaleli
Visitor
Visitor

Help with 3G-SDI

Jump to solution

Hello, I'm confused on the SDI communication. I have some question about for that ?

For SDI

-I am new this area. Is this project  force me ? Is there any stage ? Which way do I follow ? 

-Must I use GTX or GTP ?

-May I successfull if I use 20-30$ chips ? (Just fpga chip not DK)

-Which development kit do I use?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ashokkum

Hi @asimkaleli ,

I hope, the post which you have seen on internet, it might be with some other video connectivity IP's and it might had done long back.

Because, most of our SDI IP's will be implement and will support from 7-series device onwards. This is already addressed in the IP facts of the PG071 as shown in the below image.

Regarding, the chip selection, you can contact your local FAE, they can guide you on this.

Regards,

Ashok

View solution in original post

SDI Support.JPG
0 Kudos
5 Replies
florentw

HI @asimkaleli 

For 3G-SDI you can use nearly any GT. The best option is to start with an example design and discuss with an Autohrized Distributor to know which part would suit your need.

Few reference design you can look at:

xapp1097 - Implementing SMPTE SDI Interfaces with Artix-7 FPGA GTP Transceivers

xapp1076 - Implementing Triple-Rate SDI with Spartan-6 FPGA GTP Transceivers

xapp1249 - Implementing SMPTE SDI Interfaces with 7 Series GTX Transceivers

I do not have any information about pricing so you should contact an Autohrized Distributor. When you know what part you need, then you will know which evaluation board is the best as reference.

Regards

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
asimkaleli
Visitor
Visitor

I have a few more questions.

- I search on the internet, some company transmit or recieve 4k video with Spartan6. Spartan6 has 3.2 Gb/s transceivers but 4K video need 12Gb/s bandwith. How can they do that ?

- Therefore I cannot decide to buy which development kit. 4K video which xilinx chip will help me with economically ?

Thank you for your helps.

0 Kudos
florentw

@asimkaleli wrote:

I have a few more questions.

- I search on the internet, some company transmit or recieve 4k video with Spartan6. Spartan6 has 3.2 Gb/s transceivers but 4K video need 12Gb/s bandwith. How can they do that ?

[Florent] - They probably use multiple SDI links and then reconstruct the video. But this require some design knowledge to achieve the synchrinisation

- Therefore I cannot decide to buy which development kit. 4K video which xilinx chip will help me with economically ?

[Florent] - I think the best option would be to go for Kintex-7 which can support up to 12-G SDI. Refer to xapp1249

Thank you for your helps.

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
ashokkum

Hi @asimkaleli ,

I hope, the post which you have seen on internet, it might be with some other video connectivity IP's and it might had done long back.

Because, most of our SDI IP's will be implement and will support from 7-series device onwards. This is already addressed in the IP facts of the PG071 as shown in the below image.

Regarding, the chip selection, you can contact your local FAE, they can guide you on this.

Regards,

Ashok

View solution in original post

SDI Support.JPG
0 Kudos
asimkaleli
Visitor
Visitor

You've been very helpful. Thank you very much :)

0 Kudos