Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mentor
Mentor

How to create IP with a created interface Definition

Hi,

I am going to create an AXI_through IP block to connect two Video blocks with some changes of handshaking signals - M_axis_tid to S_axis_tuser. I tried two methods: first I tried create and package new IP. I chose Create AXI4 Peripheral. However, AXIS port doesn't have s0_axis_tuser. Then I tried create interface Definition, selected from axis_rtl interface definition and saved two xml files in a directory. The question is that how I can create an IP from this xml file. I do need a block which has all the video signalings (axis_tid, axis_tuser,..). I took a look at UG1118 and UG994. I could not find the next step on creating IP after defining Interface Definition.

So, I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Hossein
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

HI @embedded 

From what I understand you would like to have an IP automatically generated after creating an interface. Correct?

If this is the case, this is not possible. The IP which are created with the AXI4/AXI4-Lite are generated from templates. The templates are not adaptable if you create a new interface.

So you will need to create the HDL for your IP from scratch (and then you can package it as an IP)

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

In HLS it's easy to work with streams with side channel signals, you may want to have a look at it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried upgrading the operating system of your spirit level?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted

HI @embedded 

Any update on this?

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos