cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Image Enhancement v8.0 IP

I am using Image Enhancement (8.0) ip core on Vivado 15.2. I noticed that changing the parameters on GUI doesn't have any effect on the output video. Is this a known issue? I couldn't find this issue addressed anywhere. How can I change the parameters?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Image Enhancement v8.0 IP

which parameter yo are changing in GUI > what is your expected output. Image entrenchment can give better picture quality .
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

HI @Anonymous

The parameters NOISE_THRESHOLD, ENHANCE_STRENGTH and HALO_SUPPRESS are to be set to values with in the limits mentioned in PG003.
The core GUI will allow you to set values outside these ranges. (Known issue AR61998). But it will not take any efftect.

SO please ensure that you specif the CORE GUI paramet within the range mentioned in the table in page 20 of PG003.
http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/v_enhance/v8_0/pg003_v_enhance.pdf

Thanks
Bharath
--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided addresses your query/concern.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @nagabhar @balkris

I have set values within that range itself. Enhance strength 0.125 (default) and 1 ...... the output video looks same.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

HI @Anonymous

The difference between Enhance strength values of 0 , 0.125 and 1  might be negligible if the input image pattern already has sharp edges.
can you just show the input image pattern and output image patterns for the respective strength values?

Thanks
Bharath
--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided addresses your query/concern.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. Sure, I'll get back to you with the images.
0 Kudos