cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Import discontinued ip in newer Vivado

Hi, i want to use the old Scaler IP, i understand that i need to generate the output product in the old vivado and import them in the newer version.

I work with a device that wasn't present in the old Vivado, is this a problem?

I need the old scaler because i need to simulate the behaviour and the newer is not simulable

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Hello @mrbietola ,

If  You want to go with new FPGA part on new vivado build, Then You have to call this IP from scratch and generate it. Because, You can't use the old IP reports of a different FPGA part of the old vivado build to new FPGA part. This is not correct.

So, Please call this IP for the FPGA of Your wish and try to generate it on the latest vivado build of Your wish.

Please note that, If the IP is discontinued in the new vivado build then You won't be able to see this IP in IP Catalog

Hope the above information will be helpful to You.

With Regards,

Ashok.

Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello @mrbietola 

Adding to @ashokkum inputs, We will not able to support for discontinued IP's (in case if there is any issue)

Regards,
Bhushan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------