cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adrianwhale
Observer
Observer

License error when generating Bitstream Chroma resampler

I am using a Zynq 7030 in a Trenz Module and I am having trouble when generating the bitstream of a previously working project. I am using Vivado 2017.4 on Windows 10.

The error message says that bitstream is not generated because of a license problem, but my license is propperly added to Vivado. I have tried in two different computers with the same result.

The following images show my error and my license.

Captura.PNG

Captura2.PNG

Captura3.PNG

Thanks in advance,

0 Kudos
4 Replies
florentw

HI @adrianwhale 

The license that we are seeing for the chroma resampler is only a design linking license so it will not allow you to generate a bitstream.

And the valid license that you have is the video processing subsystem. This IP is the replacement core for the Chroma resampler IP but the license cannot be used to generate the Chroma resampler IP.

You would need to modify the design to use the VPSS instead of the Chroma resampler IP. This require a modification of both the HW and the SW (as the VPSS requires to be configured by a processor)

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
adrianwhale
Observer
Observer

Thank you for your response. I will try your suggestion.

0 Kudos
adrianwhale
Observer
Observer

In the end I have to stick with Chroma Resampler in my design, but I still don't have clear what license I should use for this. I am running Vivado 2017.4 Web Pack on windows 10.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
florentw

HI @adrianwhale 

The license is not available anymore as the core is discontinued. This is why my suggestion was to moved to the VPSS.

If you cannot move to the VPSS then your only option is probably to create your own CSC IP

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos