cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mix SDI mode in UHD-SDI designs.

I have a simple question regarding video design UHD-SDI IP cores. Is it possible, for example, to have 3G-SDI on the receiver side and HD-SDI on the transmitter side? As I understand it, UHD-SDI GT IP core will generate a txoutclk at 148.5 MHz if the source is 3G-SDI, but it needs a 74.25 MHz for HD-SDI. I understand if the question is a bit odd but what I am wondering if it is possible to configure the frequency on txoutclk? I understand that it may not be possible, but it would be great to have some guidelines how to design an SDI system with mixed modes.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ashokkum

Hi johannes.eklange@trakkasystems.com ,

your requirement sounds like different use case. When you are trying to design the mix mode SDI, then it is difficult to implement with a pass through mode. user can achieve this, when they operate both RX and TX functionalities individually. Because, for a simple passthrough application, what ever the line rate of video data received by the SDI RX  from a SDI source, the same will display on the SDI monitors with the help of SDI TX. So, In passthrough application Mix Mode won't be possible.

If you want to implement SDI RX and SDI TX pipelines with two different data rates, then you have to take care of video data generation at TX pipeline according to the data rate as you wish.

Hope this information is helpful to you. kindly let me know, if you have any concerns on the above mentioned details.

Kind Regards,

Ashok.

0 Kudos

I understand that the video pipeline needs to be adjusted. I did not read the user manual well enough. As I understand it seems to be possible to control the transmit SDI mode via M_AXIS_CTRL_SB_TX interface from the UHD-SDI transmitter subsystem IP core.

0 Kudos