Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thieuhiep
Visitor
Visitor

Netlist is empty after trimming useless hardware

Jump to solution

Hi, all. I'm a newbie, I'm working with sysgen v8.2 and ISE8. A design my project with xilinx blocks and run simulations. My simulation run well, no error and the result is good. But when I generate the HDL code, it's has a problem, my FPGA kit is virtex4 and the problem is "Netlist is empty after trimming useless hardware". It's the first time I meet that kind of error, if anyone know how to solve this error, please share with me!

Thanks in advane!

Khoa.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
john.h
Explorer
Explorer

If you've just been running simulations so far and wanted to check timing or placement of what you have so far, your problem may be common.

If your design doesn't come to outputs to demonstrate to the tool flow that you're actually using the partially-developed logic, there will be little to no design left.

If you have outputs from your logic so the dependence is obvious, the logic will remain.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
john.h
Explorer
Explorer

If you've just been running simulations so far and wanted to check timing or placement of what you have so far, your problem may be common.

If your design doesn't come to outputs to demonstrate to the tool flow that you're actually using the partially-developed logic, there will be little to no design left.

If you have outputs from your logic so the dependence is obvious, the logic will remain.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
thieuhiep
Visitor
Visitor
Thanks you very much, I solved my problem!
0 Kudos
fruntxas
Observer
Observer

john.h I fail to understand this solution you gave.

Could you be a bit more specific on the solution.

I'll attach the model I'm having trouble with as well which I related to the following topic:

http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/DSP-Tools/hwcosim-error-Dictionary-key-quot-empty-quot/m-p/193670#M4840

Thanks in advance,

Tiago

0 Kudos
john.h
Explorer
Explorer
The forum topic you linked suggests a very different problem. The suggestion I made here last year was that a design that's in process and not completely hooked up is often optimized out of the design because the circuitry affects no outputs.
0 Kudos
fruntxas
Observer
Observer
Thing is, if I change my compilation target I do get this error.

Oh well, appreciated anyway john
0 Kudos
ywu
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

I replied to your other post below. Please try and stick to one thread:

http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/DSP-Tools/hwcosim-error-Dictionary-key-quot-empty-quot/m-p/194018#M4857 

@fruntxas wrote:
Thing is, if I change my compilation target I do get this error.

Oh well, appreciated anyway john

Cheers,
Jim
0 Kudos