Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
furball
Adventurer
Adventurer

Question about DisplayPort 1.4 PHY

Hi, 

I have questions about RX and TX phy, please help, thanks!

1. Does DP 1.4 RX support automation phy test? and how to run the automation test?

2. Does DP 1.4 TX support TPS4 pattern?  (We use DPR-100 to test DP TX but fail to generate TPS4)

We use vivado 2020.1, device part xczu6eg-ffvc900-2-i, and we implement dp pass-through design with microblaze.
All the application flow refers to KCU105 example. 

0 Kudos
9 Replies
florentw

Hi @furball 

1. Does DP 1.4 RX support automation phy test? and how to run the automation test?

What side do you mean for the testing? If you run an automation testing with a TX test equipment then I believe this will work but the application on RX is not designed to do an automation testing of a TX equipment (you would need to write the application for this).

2. Does DP 1.4 TX support TPS4 pattern?  (We use DPR-100 to test DP TX but fail to generate TPS4)

Yes it should support it. As per VESA website, the DP 1.4 TX has passed DP1.4 compliance test (as this is a certified component) so TPS4 was validated.

Make sure you check your cables. And maybe if this is possible from DPR-100, try to change the min voltage swing.

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
florentw

Hi @furball 

Also you can see that TPS4 is defined in reg 0x0C0:

DP.JPG

Florent
furball
Adventurer
Adventurer

yes, we’d like to test RX with a TX test equipment to verify if it’s vesa certified. But as I aware, it’s phy that need to configure into auto test mode, isn’t it?

0 Kudos
florentw

Hi @furball 

I have never done the compliance testing but I was assuming that this would be controlled by the tester equipment.

If that not the case, then no, I do not believe the the DP 1.4 RX application as an automated mode for compliance

Florent
0 Kudos
nathanx

DP 1.4 RX does not support automated PHY testing. As for TPS4 pattern, @florentw has replied, this is supported by the IP.

0 Kudos
furball
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi @florentw ,

Now we use ZCU102 with DP1.4 rx only example to run compliance phy test, and read DPCD 0x00210/0x00211 for symbol error count. But the counter value only correct during HBR test, when running HBR2 or HBR3 test, the value was always 0 even there are error symbols input.

Through sdk UART message, I can see it is "AccessErrorCounterHandler" which reads vphy register 0x25E and then write the value into DPCD, and when testing HBR2 or HBR3, it did return all zero.  (btw, 0x25E seems not to list in vphy user guide) 

DrpVal_lower_lane0/1/2/3 = 0, 0, 0, 0
DrpVal_upper_lane0/1/2/3 = 0, 0, 0, 0

Any suggestions about how to solve this?
0 Kudos
florentw

HI @furball 

Could you share the AUX log for this case?

Florent
0 Kudos
furball
Adventurer
Adventurer

HI @florentw ,

Attach aux log for your reference. We got correct error counts only when testing RBR & HBR with lane 0.

0 Kudos
florentw

HI @furball 

If you are getting error counts:

• try with a different cable
  • try to increase the min VSWING

Florent
0 Kudos