Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stgateizo
Voyager
Voyager

Question about HDMI2.0 Tx IP-Core from Xilinx

Jump to solution

Dear Xilinx experts,

can anyone tell me, if the DDC I2C-master inside the HDMI2.0 Tx IP-Core is multibus master capable ?

thank you and best regards

stgateizo

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
xud
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

@stgateizo 

Sorry - I was on holiday last Friday. As I mentioned, HDMI DDC bus doesn't support this as it's not mentioned in the HDMI spec.

If you want to request a new feature for HDMI, then please work with your FAE, so he can discuss further with Video Marketing on possibility to support this.

In the meantime, it doesn't stop you using HDMI DDC API to implement custom user application, but multiple master is not validated by HDMI team, it's outside the support scope.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
xud
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

@stgateizo 

DDC I2C in HDMI protocol is not defined with multibus master capable. So HDMI Tx IP doesn't have it.

0 Kudos
stgateizo
Voyager
Voyager

Hello Xud,

so it is not allowed to attach another master to the HDMI DDC bus, right ?

Didn't you use the I2C-IP-core from Xilinx which is multi master capable?

If I cannot attach another I2C master to the DDC bus, is it then possible to access the DDC-bus via the HDMI driver API ?
I want to access an I2C slave device which is attached in parallel to the monitors EDID, and which is only available in a special type of display.

Best regards

stgateizo

0 Kudos
stgateizo
Voyager
Voyager

Hi

nobody here, who can answer my last question in previous post?

regards

stgateizo

0 Kudos
stgateizo
Voyager
Voyager

Dear Xilinx users,

I have found 2 HDMI sub-driver functions, which could maybe be used to access any I2C-devices on the DDC bus (others than the EDID on 0xA0):

int XV_HdmiTx_DdcWrite(XV_HdmiTx *InstancePtr, u8 Slave, u16 Length, u8 *Buffer, u8 Stop);

int XV_HdmiTx_DdcRead(XV_HdmiTx *InstancePtr, u8 Slave, u16 Length, u8 *Buffer, u8 Stop);

I'm not sure if those can be successfully used, but they will allow to set the Slave Address, as well as the length of bytes to be read or written...

Well, actually you should not use sub-driver functions from the user level, but I do not see any other chances?

Can anybody from Xilinx comment my suggestion?

Kind regards

stgateizo

0 Kudos
xud
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

@stgateizo 

Sorry - I was on holiday last Friday. As I mentioned, HDMI DDC bus doesn't support this as it's not mentioned in the HDMI spec.

If you want to request a new feature for HDMI, then please work with your FAE, so he can discuss further with Video Marketing on possibility to support this.

In the meantime, it doesn't stop you using HDMI DDC API to implement custom user application, but multiple master is not validated by HDMI team, it's outside the support scope.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos