Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer
Observer

Resource Estimator Error Index Out of Bounds

Jump to solution

Howdy,

Whenever I try to estimate resources , I get the error "Attempted to access use_rpm(2); index out of bounds because numel(use_rpm)=0.  Does anybody know what is going on? I think it has something to do with the amount of bits I'm using, or something; however, I really have no idea what I'm talking about and don't really understand all that happens behind the scenes (I know that I should).  I am just trying to implement a direct form II IIR filter.  Any help?  Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Observer
Observer
Fixed! for some reason I had to use the MULT block rather than the CMULT block.  I don't know why, but this seems to work.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Observer
Observer
Fixed! for some reason I had to use the MULT block rather than the CMULT block.  I don't know why, but this seems to work.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Selecting the Block RAM option under implementation solved the problems as well.

0 Kudos
Observer
Observer

Hi

I met the same problems, but  i can not solve it follow ur suggestions. Is there any other ways to this problem?

best

Ryan

0 Kudos
Visitor
Visitor

have u solved it bro,,???

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
The problem may be related to the Java Heap Memory in Matlab.

To increase it in the Matlab release later than R2010a, simply do the following:
1. File->Preferences... in your version of Matlab

2. Select General->Java Heap Memory from the left

3. Increase the Heap Memory on the right side using the dial.

4. OK out of the Preferences dialog.

5. You must then restart Matlab/Sysgen to make sure the change has registered.

For the earlier version of Matlab, it doesn't have Java Heap Memory in the GUI, please refer to http://www.mathworks.co.uk/support/solutions/en/data/1-18I2C/index.html
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos