Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

SDI ref clock switch

Hi,

in our new project we have to integrate an UHD-SDI receiver in a Kintex 7 - 160 device. I have to switch the clock for integer (1.000) order fractional (1.001) signals. How can I switch the QPLL automatical between 148.5MHz and 148.35MHz for the different clocks? I read the XAPP1249 and PG205 but I can't find anything about this.

Thank you for your help.

BR

martin sauer

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: SDI ref clock switch

check these XAPP
http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp888_7Series_DynamicRecon.pdf
http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp879.pdf
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Hello,

but the UHD-SDI core have to change the clock. In XAPP1249 figure 5 there is a signal called QPLLREFCLKSEL. Which module has to set this signal?

BR

martin sauer

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi

Yes the cpllrefclksel and qpllrefclksel should be controlled.

In XAPP1249 this is controlled by an dip switch on the board.

Refer to kc705_uhdsdi_demo.v module in the XAPP1249 sources folder to get more details on how this is implemented.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Hi,

my problem is, that in our design I have only the receiver and no dip-switch. I think the receiver should change these signals.

BR

martin sauer

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Hi,

I have a big problem that I don't understand the whole documentation about UHD-SDI core. There isn't a practical example, the demo system for kc705 board is impractical. I have to build a UDH-SDI receiver in the FPGA which should support HD-, 3G-, 12G-Standards with 148.5MHz and 148.5MHz/1.001. But there isn't a documentation which is useful. How can I switch between the two ref clocks?

Thank you for your help

BR

martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Ok. But how does it works in a production system if I don't have any switches and only a receiver module?

BR

martin

0 Kudos