cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor
Visitor

SG FMC 150 ADC/DAC block

All,

System Generator includes ADC/DAC blocks for the XtremeDSP kit.  Does anyone know if there are comparable blocks available for the 4DSP FMC150 ADC/DAC that comes with the ML605 EV kit?  These would be extremely helpful.  I appreciate any information.

Jared.

0 Kudos
8 Replies

Hi Jared,

I have the same doubt. Some weeks ago I wrote the same question in another section of this forum ('Xilinx Boards and kits') but it's still an open question: the Virtex6 AD/DA kit includes some simulink/system generator blocks for using the ADCs and DACs?

Please, if you know the response write it here. Thanks.

Gabriel.

0 Kudos
Voyager
Voyager

Hi,

the FMC150 have Dual 14-bit 250Msps A/D (ADS62P49) and Dual 16-bit 800Msps D/A (DAC3283).

The ADC is 14-bit    it's perfectly compatible with XtremeDSP block :

ADC

The DAC is 16-bit    but for the compatibility with XtremeDSP block needs some change (This is a original DAC) :

DAC.png

Need a 8-bit multiplexer, with a bit of work should not be difficult.

secureasm

Visitor
Visitor

hello there,

did anyone succeded in creating the DAC and ADC block? i've been trying the DAC for a while but i can't get it to work.

i modified the dac block to send the IQ intervealed data, the frame and data_clk signal. do i need to send other signals?

thanks

0 Kudos
Visitor
Visitor

0 Kudos
Visitor
Visitor

hi skdas,

i went throught the tutorial but there is no info about Xtreme DSP bocks for the DAC and ADC (ml605 to fmc150).

i was trying to import the vhd file in a black box but i'm not sure if i'm doing it right. Do you have any suggestions on how to do this DAC and ADC?

thanks

javier

0 Kudos

Hi secureasm,

Could you explain it in more details?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Observer
Observer

Looking at the DACs datasheet, I think that the kind of processing made by the supposed 8-bit MUX is done internally by the DAC.

All there needs to be done is set the registers: Data, Frame and Clock.

0 Kudos
Visitor
Visitor

Frunxtas,

Could you please provide a screenshot and a more detailed description of how you modified DAC block (i.e. how you set the registers for the data, frame and data_clk signal)? Is an 8 bit mux necessary? 

Skdas,

The link you provided doesn't appear to be working anymore. Can you provide the name of the support files & tutorial so I can search for them on Avnet's website?

Thanks!

0 Kudos