Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Sending an image to HDMI output and showing it in a monitor

Jump to solution

Hi

I've done a Vivado Project to run on ZedBoard that does a convolution operation over an input image. Now, I want to take that convoluted image and show it in my TV via HDMI cable. The problem is that I'm having a lot of trouble trying add th IP Cores that takes care of the output for HDMI.

I'm making the following connections: My Ip Core out stream > broadcaster cause my stream output should connect to my AXI DMA and to my HDMI output > RGB to YCrCb > AXI4-Stream to Video out connected to a Video Timer Controller.

pt1.PNG

pt2.PNG

There are a lot of inputs that I don't know how to connect and Vivado don't let me keep them unconnected. I've firstly tryied the Video Test Pattern Generator, but it doesn't works well in version 2017.4

My design is correct or there as some things missing? If don't, can you give me some suggestions or recomend me some tutorial?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Sending an image to HDMI output and showing it in a monitor

Jump to solution

Hi @tiago0297,

As you are beginner you might want to have a look at my Xilinx Video Series. It will help you understand how to build a video system.

Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

HI @tiago0297,

You are not giving much details on the issues you have.

@tiago0297 wrote:

Hi

I've done a Vivado Project to run on ZedBoard that does a convolution operation over an input image. Now, I want to take that convoluted image and show it in my TV via HDMI cable. The problem is that I'm having a lot of trouble trying add th IP Cores that takes care of the output for HDMI.

I'm making the following connections: My Ip Core out stream > broadcaster cause my stream output should connect to my AXI DMA and to my HDMI output > RGB to YCrCb > AXI4-Stream to Video out connected to a Video Timer Controller.

pt1.PNG

pt2.PNG

There are a lot of inputs that I don't know how to connect and Vivado don't let me keep them unconnected.

> What are the signals you don't know how to connect? What errors do you get?

I've firstly tryied the Video Test Pattern Generator, but it doesn't works well in version 2017.4

> What does "it doesn't work well" mean here?

My design is correct or there as some things missing? If don't, can you give me some suggestions or recomend me some tutorial?

> You are not giving enough details for us to be able to reply.
For examples, you might want to look at my video beginner series. This is only in simulation but it might help.

Regards

Florent
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

I'm sorry for giving such less details. The problem is that I really don't know exclaty what to ask, if not for a general look of what I'm doing and a feedback if I'm going to the right way or not, for I being a very beginner at videos.

All the signals I left unconnected I don't know how to use or if I need to use them. About the Video Test Generator of this version, it doesn't work well when I need to customize the IP Core or send it's data to a AXI4-Stream Data Width Converter, It only says to me that the number of data bytes don't match, even if I"m fixing them.

Again, sorry for can't giving more details. I guess the main point of my topic is to ask for some feedback over what I've done and some tutorial suggestions, and thank you for providing the last. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Mentor
Mentor

Jump to solution

Hi @tiago0297

Would you make sure the value of status on AXI4S to Video Out ?

This way is suitable and helpful for you to investigate the route cause.

Would you try it ?

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi @tiago0297,

As you are beginner you might want to have a look at my Xilinx Video Series. It will help you understand how to build a video system.

Regards,

Florent

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution
Thank you! I took a look at you tutorial and it really helped!
0 Kudos