Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Synchronization of Video Timing Controller with fsync_in

Hi all,

I need to synchronize VTC 6.1 IP, which is configured in generation only mode, with some signal with period nearly equal of period of VTC in free-run mode (slightly higher).

The problem is that I don`t see ANY signal at vtiming_out bus, while fsync_in is drived with periodical pulses with one-clock active-high width (as written in pg016).

There is several unclear things in VTC. Why I need to set "Enable Detection" to check "Synchronize Generator to Detector or to fsync_in" ? I don`t need any detection, I need only fsync_in... And what should I do with det_clken pin and other vtiming_in signals? I tried to tie det_clken to ground or to vcc and uncheck all Detection signals, but it doesn`t helps.

And also, I don`t use AXI-Lite interface, I want this core to be working with it`s default parameters.

So how I can synhcronize VTC to external signal if I have no signals for Detector and I don`t want to use AXI-Lite?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

I have exactly the same question - I see no one has responded. Can someone please give some advice as I do not seem to be able to get anything from the VTC even though I am driving fsync_in with a single clock cycle pulse. I am using Vivado 15.4 with VTC version 6.1.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @reindeer613

Our Community Help has a tip that might help you : Tip: If the message is older than 6-12 months, please post a new message rather than adding to the existing thread. Your inquiry will have a better chance of being picked up by an expert if it is a new topic.

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/posting#posting

I would suggest you create a new topic on the video board

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks, I have done so.

0 Kudos