cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer data from FPGA to my PC

I have no more knowledge in FPGA interfacing , I am designing a digital readout circuit to read the a sequence of frames as input and output the active pixels information (pixel value and pixel address) . output is 18bits . the target FPGA board is Artix-7 xc7a100tfgg484. target frequency is 100MHZ . my code is in verilog. 

My question is , 
how to transfer the output (18 bits ) from FPGA to my PC for verification ? which interface is most proper and provide me some useful resources that may help me to do it as my knowledge is poor *-*  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
dpaul24
Scholar
Scholar

musheerqidabdullah01@gmail.com,

Serial interfaces will be slow in your case.

I would say Ethernet is a good option.

------------FPGA enthusiast------------
Consider giving "Kudos" if you like my answer. Please mark my post "Accept as solution" if my answer has solved your problem

thank you for your reply , I need any resources that may help me to start. I don't know how I can do it
0 Kudos
bruce_karaffa
Scholar
Scholar

You didn't tell us what board you have, only what FPGA is on it.  What connectors does your board have?  Does it have an ethernet jack?  What about a USB port that is not dedicated to JTAG?  Ethernet is a good way to transfer the data.  You will probably need to instantiate a Microblaze to format your data into packets.

0 Kudos
watari
Teacher
Teacher

Hi musheerqidabdullah01@gmail.com 

How long is this interval time to output 18bit data ? Every cycle ? Or ex. 16.6[ms] ? Or other ?

It's difficult to reply this question without like this information...

Best regards,

0 Kudos

this a picture for my FPGA board which I have 

FPGA_board.jpg

0 Kudos

Hi @watari 
Interval time period is 10ns . 

0 Kudos
watari
Teacher
Teacher

Hi musheerqidabdullah01@gmail.com 

You achieve what you want to do, if you can output exactly digital 18bit data as analog signal via analog RGB.

Of cause, host machine must have capture video data.

Would you consider it ?

Best regards,

0 Kudos