Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to stream video from sd card via ethernet ZCU104

Jump to solution

Hi,

We're trying to establish an ethernet connection between a zcu104 board and VLC player. We followed pg252's example 5 (Chapter 13, p.184). We uploaded the mentioned .mp4 file & 2 .sh files (bbb_sunflower_2160p_30fps_normal_avc.mp4 and vcu-demo-transcode-to-streamout.sh, vcu-demo-functions.sh) to the sd card along with BOOT.bin & image.ub.

For the booting files:

1- We first tried reVision platform's boot.bin and image.ub (in particular, those of filter2d). The board booted up and we could see all these 5 files in the /media/card. Then we followed the pg252 example-5 instructions (tried from both a Linux (Ubuntu 16.04) host and a Windows 10 host). It proceeded to run the gst-launch-1.0 command but it fails as:

gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=/home/root/bbb_sunflower_2160p_30fps_normal_avc_new.mp4 ! qtdemux name=demux demux.vide
o_0 ! h264parse ! omxh264dec ! queue ! omxh265enc num-slices=8 gop-length=60 periodicity-idr=60 control-rate=low-latenc
y target-bitrate=5000 cpb-size=3000 prefetch-buffer=true ! video/x-h265, profile=main,level=\(string\)6.2,tier=main ! q
ueue ! rtph265pay ! udpsink host=169.254.147.161 port=50000 max-lateness=-1 qos-dscp=60 async=false buffer-size=6000000
0 max-bitrate=120000000
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Couldnt allocate dma allocator (tried using /dev/allegroIP)
ERROR: Pipeline doesn't want to pause.
ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstOMXH265Enc-omxh265enc:omxh265enc-omxh265enc0: Could not initialize suppor
ting library.
Additional debug info:
../../../../git/gst-libs/gst/video/gstvideoencoder.c(1627): gst_video_encoder_change_state (): /GstPipeline:pipeline0/G
stOMXH265Enc-omxh265enc:omxh265enc-omxh265enc0:
Failed to open encoder
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...

2- Then, we saw a similar error here and advise of using a petalinux, BSP-generated images for boot.bin&image.ub. We generated so with petalinux 2018.3 and ZCU104 V2 BSP according to ug1144, and got the image files. We managed to boot up the board. However, this time we got "no such file or directory: /media/card" error. i.e /media directory is empty, no card. We are baffled that the board does boot up from the sd card but /media/card directory doesn't exist!

So the questions are why do we really get "couldn't alocate dma allocator" error whilst using reVision's boot files? Why /media/card directory doesn't show up when we use petalinux-generated bsp boot files? Maybe there's whole another option/direction to go? We are lost and any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

P.S. Our ultimate aim is to integrate reVision platform with ethernet so that video feed from the camera (LI-IMX274MIPI-FMC sensor) goes to PC via ethernet, not to a display port.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Unable to stream video from sd card via ethernet ZCU104

Jump to solution

Hi @musayd 

> 1

Did you make sure boot log message ?

I guess you may find some warning or error message in it.

Would you fix it or share boot log file ?

> 2

I'm not sure the route cause.

But you try the following to investigate the route cause.

mount <your SD card's device name> /media/card

If success, you need to modify some files.

If unsuccess, make sure boot log.

Best regards,

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Mentor
Mentor

Jump to solution

Hi @musayd 

> 1

Did you make sure boot log message ?

I guess you may find some warning or error message in it.

Would you fix it or share boot log file ?

> 2

I'm not sure the route cause.

But you try the following to investigate the route cause.

mount <your SD card's device name> /media/card

If success, you need to modify some files.

If unsuccess, make sure boot log.

Best regards,

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi @watari,

Thanks for the reply, we had a chance to try your suggestion on 2nd option and it worked! 
i.e. zcu104 now streams the video over ethernet and VLC is able to detect it. (Though, no media/audio is on VLC; only the time bar progresses as fpga streams the video and stops when stream is over. We will try to work on that, thanks again!)

0 Kudos