Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Using HLS based resize ip on vivado

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am trying to increase the resolution of a video and I am using HLS based resize ip. I want to ask a question. After generating the resize ip, I am checking its functionality by giving an image and checking an output image. At that point, I am sure that the ip is working properly. However, later I am packaging this ip and adding to my design on VIVADO from IP catalog. In the same manner, I am giving an input frame of an image, turning it to axis and giving it to my IP. My IP gives me stream output and I am collecting it and checking if the output image is correct. Well, it is not. For resizing process, I would expect the IP to store the input frame somewhere. For that reason, I believe, some people used VDMA on their design separately. I mean they connected the VDMA with the IP and with the PS. Is it possible for me to do everything on HLS? Since it is a video, it must be so hard to do it with on chip memory or fifos, right? Thus, I have to communicate with a memory in a way, am i correct? Am I asking these because I tried to do it with vdma but I am not getting any output from it.

Thank you very much for your valuable time.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Hi @yhy.xilinx 

>I mean they connected the VDMA with the IP and with the PS. Is it possible for me to do everything on HLS?

Yes. But you can connect the VDMA with the IP and without the PS.

> Since it is a video, it must be so hard to do it with on chip memory or fifos, right?

Maybe yes. But it depends on your source and distination resolution.

> Thus, I have to communicate with a memory in a way, am i correct?

Yes.

Best regards,

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Hi @yhy.xilinx 

>I mean they connected the VDMA with the IP and with the PS. Is it possible for me to do everything on HLS?

Yes. But you can connect the VDMA with the IP and without the PS.

> Since it is a video, it must be so hard to do it with on chip memory or fifos, right?

Maybe yes. But it depends on your source and distination resolution.

> Thus, I have to communicate with a memory in a way, am i correct?

Yes.

Best regards,

View solution in original post