cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peterw_cuvos
Visitor
Visitor
499 Views
Registered: ‎02-23-2020

Using TPG in the VCU TRD on ZCU106

Jump to solution

I am trying to get the TPG to work on my ZCU106. I have used the 2019.2 release of the VCU TRD.  I have a IMX274 sensor board, and I can happily get a video pipeline up using the supplied vcu_gst_app application.

However, I can't get the TPG to work. I have the following very simple config file:

Common Configuration : START
Num Of Input : 1 
Output : DP 
Out Type : Display
Frame Rate : 60
Exit
Input Configuration : Start
Input Num : 1
Input Type : TPG 
Raw : TRUE
Width : 1920
Height : 1080
Enable SCD : FALSE
Exit

If I replace "TPG" in the config file with "MIPI", I get sensor video displayed happily.

When I run the application, I get the following error:

ERROR(../vcu_gst_apps/lib/vcu_video_lib/src/v4l2_subdev_helper.c:68) : VIDIOC_QUERYCTRL failed: Invalid argument

This appears to be related to trying to set the PPC for the TPG to a value of 2. This is what the TPG is configured to produce already, so I'm not sure why this would be an issue. Does anyone have suggestions how to debug this?

Is there perhaps some setting in the config file that I need to add? I don't see any examples of config files that actually use the TPG!

 

 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
peterw_cuvos
Visitor
Visitor
426 Views
Registered: ‎02-23-2020

Found the problem: it was a Petalinux issue. The kernel source tree I was building from had a small change that I'd forgotten about, which meant the patch which fixes the TPG wasn't getting applied, and no errors are thrown.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
peterw_cuvos
Visitor
Visitor
460 Views
Registered: ‎02-23-2020

I can add further information: the pre-built image works fine.

I have built the reference design exactly as supplied without any changes, and it doesn't work.

0 Kudos
peterw_cuvos
Visitor
Visitor
427 Views
Registered: ‎02-23-2020

Found the problem: it was a Petalinux issue. The kernel source tree I was building from had a small change that I'd forgotten about, which meant the patch which fixes the TPG wasn't getting applied, and no errors are thrown.

View solution in original post