Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

VCU limitations on number of streams

Hello!

I have some questions on the limitations on numbers of streams stated in PG252 chapter 20. 

First, the limitation of 4 encode + 2 decode in low latency and Xilinx low latency modes. Is this limitation true whenever one or more streams for either encode or decode is run in low latency mode, or is it possible to run e.g. one low latency decode and still 5 or more normal latency encode (as long as the limit for maximum aggregated bandwidth is not broken of course)? Or can you build a design with more than 4 encode + 2 decode and run it in low latency for one or more streams with this limitation and for more than this limitation with all streams in normal latency mode? 

Then, I also wonder roughly the same about the combinations of live and file sources. Is it possible to e.g. run one live instances together with 8 file source instances?

Best regards,

Thomas Arvidsson

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

And also, is it at all possible to have more than 4 + 2 streams if the design uses the sync IP? If not, will it be possible to run only xilinx low latency decode without sync IP in the future and in that way run more than 4 normal latency encode streams together with 1 or 2 low-latency decode streams?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello @tharvid 

It is not allowed to run Xilinx Low latency with other latency modes available. You can run only one from available latency modes on the system. 

For file based and live capture encode together max eight instances of 1920x1080p30 are supported. 

live_file.PNG

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hello, thank you for the answer!

Is this only true for "Xilinx low latency" or for all latency modes? Can one "low latency" decode be combined with 5 "normal latency" encode for example? Or must all streams always be set to the same latency mode?

I tested running the TRD 2019.2 NV12 version with a combination of "Xilinx low latency" and "normal latency", and it seemed to work but I have not tested it thoroughly yet.

Regards, Thomas

0 Kudos