Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
laplace12
Observer
Observer

VDMA is not Mapped

Jump to solution

I am using evaluation board ZCU104. I am using the PYNQ baseline and I am trying to add in another VDMA. I followed an example of the existing vdma in the block diagram but only enable the read channel. Eveything is connected up in the block diagram but address editor still shows that my vdma is unconnected. I tried to use auto address assigment with no success. Include is the snapshot of my address editor. Help is appreciated. 

Tags (2)
address.png
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
samk

Hi @laplace12,

In your picture it still shows auto-assign as green when you select this do you get any warnings/messages in the tcl console?

2020-02-18 11_06_55-Reply to Message - Community Forums.png

What version of the tools are you using? 2019.2?

Can you share your connection from the Processor to the VDMA? Based on what I see below, it looks like it may not be connected properly.

If you run validate design, do you get errors other than the VDMA being unassigned?
2020-02-18 11_11_18-Window.png 

Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

Xilinx Video Design Hub

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
samk

Hi @laplace12,

In your picture it still shows auto-assign as green when you select this do you get any warnings/messages in the tcl console?

2020-02-18 11_06_55-Reply to Message - Community Forums.png

What version of the tools are you using? 2019.2?

Can you share your connection from the Processor to the VDMA? Based on what I see below, it looks like it may not be connected properly.

If you run validate design, do you get errors other than the VDMA being unassigned?
2020-02-18 11_11_18-Window.png 

Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

Xilinx Video Design Hub

View solution in original post

0 Kudos