cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Video Beginner Series 19: block diagram with ac701 board for adv7511 configuration

Jump to solution

Hello, I am working to create an HDMI application that allows me to take images on the screen on an HDMI monitor. I'm working with Vivado 2018.3 version and AC701 evaluation board. This board has an HDMI connector which works with the following interface (which can be consulted on page 44 of the user guide)

hdmi ac701.png

Consequently, I have a Vivado project which is based on the tutorial
"Video Series 19: Using the On-Board HDMI on ZC702 (Vivado design)". In this tutorial I understand that the ZC702 board is used which has a 16bit interface and Processing system. Therefore, I change the processing system for the appropriate microblaze and import the AXIs necessary for the control of the I2C (iicps → iic) + Uartlite.

The resolution to be implemented is 800x600p, this means that the HDMI clock frequency must be 40MHz (as expected in the example). Also note that the Subset Converter module is not used because I have 24 bit output in the TPG and 24 bit input in the video out IP (I changed the output to YUV 4:4:4)

So I don`t know if I am missing something because I get "no signal input in my monitor", for the SDK steps I have made this config, I am able to detect the monitor HPD but I don`t see any video displayed in the monitor

thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

the problem was that I had a constant 0 in the clk and video out enable, once I put 1 then I had video in the monitor, I checked the signals with the ILA as @florentw recommend me then I could find the problem, thanks

reset hdmi.jpg

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted

HI @jg_spitfire 

As mentioned in the other topic, make sure you have data going out of the FPGA by checking the output signals of the AXI4-Stream to video out

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

the problem was that I had a constant 0 in the clk and video out enable, once I put 1 then I had video in the monitor, I checked the signals with the ILA as @florentw recommend me then I could find the problem, thanks

reset hdmi.jpg

View solution in original post