Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Video PHY on GTY transceivers

Jump to solution

I am currently targeting a KU095 FPGA, where a GTY transceiver quad will be routed for video input and output (specifically DVI). However, the Video PHY only targets GTH transceivers for the Ultrascale parts. I am wondering if this is a technical limitation, or if it is possible to somehow modify the IP core to allow the Video PHY to use the GTY transceiver quad. Thanks in advance.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello @mattwaltz 

Yes your understanding is correct that Video PHY does not support UltraScale GTY. ( Only UltraScale+ GTY is supported)
BTW, Video PHY Controller IP is intended to be used Xilinx HDMI TX/RX or DisplayPort TX/RX.

I think if you do not use HDMI/DisplayPort, you can use UltraScale GTY Transceiver IP,  instead of Video PHY IP.

Regards
Leo

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello @mattwaltz 

Yes your understanding is correct that Video PHY does not support UltraScale GTY. ( Only UltraScale+ GTY is supported)
BTW, Video PHY Controller IP is intended to be used Xilinx HDMI TX/RX or DisplayPort TX/RX.

I think if you do not use HDMI/DisplayPort, you can use UltraScale GTY Transceiver IP,  instead of Video PHY IP.

Regards
Leo

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi @mattwaltz,

Is everything clear for you on this topic?

If your question is answered or your issue is solved, please kindly mark the response which helped find a solution (click on "Accept as solution" button below the reply)

If this is not solved/answered, please reply to the thread giving more information on your current status.

Thanks and Regards,

Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

Xilinx Video Design Hub