cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Video Processing Subsystem : Resource Utilization

Jump to solution

Hi,

For a project, i think about using your IP "Video Processing Subsystem v2.0" but before purchase this IP, I would like to know some information about Resource Utilization (I already read the PG231 document at page 9 but it's far from my requirements).

The parameters are :
    - Frame size : 640 x 480
    - 10 bit data width
    - Scaler only
    - 1 color channel

Thank you in advance.

Cheers.

Cedric

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi Cedric @cjg,

The best for you is to request an evaluation license. This way you can do some tests.

Regards,

Florent

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted

Hi Cedric @cjg,

The best for you is to request an evaluation license. This way you can do some tests.

Regards,

Florent

Florent

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

@cjg for a vga monochrome sensor, I am not sure what features of this core you intend to utilize. 

- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Related to this post, I would like to use VPSS to convert YCrCb to RGB. My configuration is 1920x1080, 1 pix/clk, 10-bit color, input RGB, YCrCb 4:4:4, 4:2:2 and 4:2:0.

I noticed that the only way to support this is by using a "Fully Fledged" configuration, which includes as scaler as well. With minimum configuration, bilinear scaling, Predefined Chroma Resampler, etc... my resource count is still 13k registers, 10k LUTs and 31 BRAMs. This is too big to be usable for my project, especially BRAMs. Is there any way to reduce this, or am I forced to use separate IP cores (like Chroma upsampler), which gives much better results?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @srdjan.opacic,

If you only want to do YCbCr to RGB, you can the YCrCb to RGB Color-Space Converter IP + the chroma ressampler IP or you can use 2 different VPSS configured in color space + chroma ressampler only.

Regards,

Florent

Florent
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi Florent,

Thanks, I didn't want to multiply number of AXI slaves by 2, that is all. I assumed I was missing something in the VPSS configuration.

I'll move to 2x VPSS configuration, with one only for YCrCb to RGB conversion.

Regards

Srdjan

@florentw wrote:

Hi @srdjan.opacic,

If you only want to do YCbCr to RGB, you can the YCrCb to RGB Color-Space Converter IP + the chroma ressampler IP or you can use 2 different VPSS configured in color space + chroma ressampler only.

Regards,

Florent

0 Kudos