02-23-2018 03:31 AM - last edited on 11-15-2018 03:04 PM by samk
The Video Board is the place to discuss about Video Processing and Video Connectivity. This topic gives you resources to help you with your video designs.
Xilinx provides the Video discussion board as a service to the community members, to help them exchange ideas, tips, information, and techniques related to Xilinx products. Like any community, they are most valuable when everyone obeys certain basic guidelines and rules. These guidelines and rules are presented here so that you know what is expected of you and what you can expect from other participants when using the Xilinx User Community and the Video Board.
1. Read and follow the Xilinx Community Guidelines
2.Before you post a question:
3. Don't post the same question on multiple forums. Note that duplicated topic might be deleted by moderators.
4. Do not post a question on someone else's topic. Create a new topic if you have an issue. It might not be the same issue
5. Follow the recommendations for creating a new topic (see 5. Recommendations for creating a topic in the Video board below)
6. Do not use words like "Urgent" or "Important" in the title. You won't get any priority over an other member. Note that moderator might edit you post in such case.
7. Everyone can give Kudos, please feel free to give Kudos to users if you want to thanks them for helping you and you find their reply useful. Also use kudos if a post helped you even if it was not on one of your topics
8. When the topic or question is fixed, please click Accept As a Solution.
The Video Design Hub is a place we created in DocNav to help you find the documentation related to Video. To access it, open Xilinx DocNav. In the top, open the page Design Hub View and click on Video Design under FPGA Design:
You can also find the Video Design Hub on Xilinx Website using the following link:
In the design hub you can find links to the IP and driver release not under the IP.
Also in the design hub each IP has a link to an AR that lists the IP's "Known Issues". These AR's contain.
Some examples are:
DisplayPort 1.4 RX Subsystem Known Issues
For a full list, please see the Video Design Hub.
The list of the available example designs for Xilinx Video IPs can be find in AR#61625 - Video IP Example Design Landing Page.
The list of the available linux drivers and their documentation is available on the Xilinx Wiki pages.
Find below recommendations for writing topics on the Video Board to get more chances to get a solution to your question/issue
The subject (Title) of your topic should contains enough information to describe your issue. If your question is targeting a specific IP, add the name of the IP to the title.
Bad Topic Subjects (Titles)
"VDMA does not work"
"Issue with video design"
Good Topic Subjects (Titles)
"AXI VDMA v6.3 - Why do I get SOFEarlyErr?"
"DisplayPort RX SS v2.1 - Fails training with NVIDIA GPU"
"What is the tuser signal in an AXI4-Stream interface"
In the body:
Give as much detail as possible about your project:
Give detail about the debug/searches you already done:
Use the general formatting rules