Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

XAPP794 : Vivado 2013.2 not available for download

Jump to solution

Hi,

We are using XAPP794 as base reference for one of our application. This AN is based on Vivado 2013.2. 

I have downloaded the Vivado 2013.2 ALL OS Installer (with SDK) and installed it. I am facing issues in starting the application i.e., I see errors in launching Vivado. 

As per some suggestions given in some posts, I have verified md5sum and all. It was okay. 

Unable to fix the issue, I have decided to uninstall and reinstall the split versions of the download.

Unfortunately, its no more available for download. And I do not see any updated version of XAPP794. 

Is there any solution to this other than creating everything from scratch?

Thanks and Regards,

Ajay Kumar G

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: XAPP794 : Vivado 2013.2 not available for download

Jump to solution

Hi @ajaykumargurrala

Check OS you are using is supported by Vivado 2013.2 or not:

Microsoft Windows Support :Windows XP Professional (32-bit and 64-bit), English/Japanese; Windows 7 Professional (32-bit and 64-bit), English/Japanese; Windows Server 2008 (64-bit)

Linux Support:Red Hat Enterprise Workstation 5 (32-bit and 64-bit); Red Hat Enterprise Workstation 6 (32-bit and 64-bit) ; SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 (32-bit and 64-bit)

For XAPP794 check https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp794-1080p60-camera.pdf

XAPP794 Reference design xapp794.zip

For Vivado 2013.2 version Contact our web team by filing this form at http://www.xilinx.com/askx/feedback_form.htm

Regards,

Bhushan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,
Bhushan

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @ajaykumargurrala

Check OS you are using is supported by Vivado 2013.2 or not:

Microsoft Windows Support :Windows XP Professional (32-bit and 64-bit), English/Japanese; Windows 7 Professional (32-bit and 64-bit), English/Japanese; Windows Server 2008 (64-bit)

Linux Support:Red Hat Enterprise Workstation 5 (32-bit and 64-bit); Red Hat Enterprise Workstation 6 (32-bit and 64-bit) ; SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 (32-bit and 64-bit)

For XAPP794 check https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp794-1080p60-camera.pdf

XAPP794 Reference design xapp794.zip

For Vivado 2013.2 version Contact our web team by filing this form at http://www.xilinx.com/askx/feedback_form.htm

Regards,

Bhushan

Regards,
Bhushan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi @ajaykumargurrala,

One question I have is:

What is the reason that you are using this older XAPP? Do you have the FMC card or is there an IP you are using this as an example for?

This may help us give you some advice.

Thanks,

Sam

Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

Xilinx Video Design Hub
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Hi @samk

A part of our application involves interfacing a CMOS camera and getting the Video out of it after processing. XAPP794 met the requirements very closely and so I was interested in looking into the HW and SW implementations for the core image processing pipeline for reference. 

As suggested, I have tried installing Vivado 2013.2 in Win 7 and it worked. I could recompile the App note completely. 

Thanks and Regards,

Ajay Kumar G

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi @ajaykumargurrala,

You might check out our MIPI example application. This may be an easier interface to your CMOS sensor and will also give an update example of a video pipe.

See chapter 5 of PG202

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/mipi_csi2_rx_subsystem/v3_0/pg232-mipi-csi2-rx.pdf#page=50

Regards,

Sam

Xilinx Video Design Hub
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Hi @samk

This is the exactly the same pipeline which I was looking for. Thanks a lot for the right pointer.

Regards

Ajay

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi Ajay,

No problem, I am glad to help!

Regards,

Sam

Xilinx Video Design Hub
0 Kudos