Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor
Visitor

XAPP894 MIPI D-PHY IP Core support on Virtex Ultrascale

Jump to solution

Hi there,

I'm planning to implement the MIPI CSI interface on our Virtex Ultrascale XCVU440-FLGA2892-2-I FPGA platform based on XAPP894.  The plan is to use the Xilinx MIPI D-PHY IP Core with components from Meticom.  However, I found that I'm unable to generate the MIPI D-PHY IP Core if I have a Virtex Ultrascale part selected in Vivado.

I do see that Xilinx mention that Ultrascale is supported through XAPP894 in the following video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCEcz6JiaBk  

Is there any fundamental reason why the MIPI D-PHY IP Core is not supported on Virtex Ultrascale?  I am able to generate it for Virtex 7 but I would assume that there will be differences in the primitives used between Virtex 7 vs. Ultrascale.  We really need to use the MIPI D-PHY IP Core on XCVU440 to fit the rest of our design.

Please advise.  Thank you.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: XAPP894 MIPI D-PHY IP Core support on Virtex Ultrascale

Jump to solution

Hello @ddanapal

Unfortunately, Xilinx MIPI IPs does not support UltraScale.

Please consider to use 7-series (with external PHY i.e Meticom) or UltraScale+ devices (that have native MIPI D-PHY support).

Or you may want to contact Nortwest Logic to find out whether their MIPI IP can target Xilinx UltraScale devices.

Best regards

Leo

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @ddanapal

Unfortunately, Xilinx MIPI IPs does not support UltraScale.

Please consider to use 7-series (with external PHY i.e Meticom) or UltraScale+ devices (that have native MIPI D-PHY support).

Or you may want to contact Nortwest Logic to find out whether their MIPI IP can target Xilinx UltraScale devices.

Best regards

Leo

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hello @ddanapal,

Are you happy with the reply provided by @karnanl. If yes, could you kindly mark it as accepted solution (button accept as solution below the replied when you are logged in).

Thanks and Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos