cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZCU 104 VCU DDR4 CONTROLLER

Hello, I am interested at this project. I am using ZCU104 board and I have tried this instructions. It is successful for a video but when I tried for two video, I get an error. I think, I get this error because I do not have enough bandwidth. To expand bandwidth, I need to use PL DDR. I bought to external DDR4 memory and I have designed my project with VCU DDR4 Controller but I did not activate PL DDR4. How can I activate PL DDR and how can I understad whether DDR is working. I am in the begining level in this branch, can you help me?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
watari
Teacher
Teacher

0 Kudos
florentw

Hi aysenurakinci805@gmail.com 

Do you have any update on this? Were you able to enable the PL DDR?

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos

No, unfortunately I haven't enabled PL DDR yet. I am trying to test my PL DDR. I installed the DDR4 SODIMM in PL side and I have tested my board with Built-In Self-Test (BIST). I got an failure in my test. What is this due to? There is a datasheet about SODIMM ,which I used in below. Can you help me to solve this problem.

Thank you

teraterm.jpg
0 Kudos
florentw

HI aysenurakinci805@gmail.com 

Well it seems that there is an issue with your SODIMM or your PCB. This is not my epertize. You might want to create a new topic on the memory interface board

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos

Ok, thank you

0 Kudos