Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

ZYNQ Video Stream: SD Card to HDMI by AXI VDMA

Jump to solution

Hi,

I've an issue on video application with zynq ZC702.I want to display and process video stream(.bin images) that read from SD card. I used Triple Buffer mode of VDMA, to all buffers i sent the same frame, but i've problems with display. Some regions are displayed wrong. Then i enabled interrupts of VDMA to know Read Done or not, after Read Done interrupt i sent new frame(.bin) from SD Card, but it doesnt fix my problem.

Questions,

1) If there is, should i use single buffer mode?

2) Is my approach can be applicated on this system(SD Card - VDMA Read Port) ?

3) How can i built this system with true timings? 

Thanks,

oktayogutcu

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

As s patial solution, i read images initally and then gave them one by one to vdma read port. So i just wait at start. But changing storage device ord slowing down the pixel clock might be exact solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Hi @oktayogutcu 

How do you deal with these signals ?

- mm2s_fsync

- s2mm_fsync

- mm2s_frame_ptr_in

- s2mm_frame_ptr_in

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi,

I'm using vtc and video out ips. I generate proper sync signals according to my resolution with vtc. The problem is, I don't know how to met with that timing with reading images from sd card. If it is slow i can generate slower timings from the vtc. I don't know what to do exactly. 
By the way, I'm reading images from ps to ddr2 memory, so I'm just using mm2s port.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Hi @oktayogutcu 

I don't know your target resolution.

But it's relevant to your target resolution issue or low speed issue for SD card.

I suggest you to change storage device from SD card to other high speed device.

Or change resolution to more smaller.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

As s patial solution, i read images initally and then gave them one by one to vdma read port. So i just wait at start. But changing storage device ord slowing down the pixel clock might be exact solution.

View solution in original post