cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC VCU TRD 2019.1 - SDI Video Capture Creating Custom BSP File

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have a zcu106 board and I applied SDI Video Capture project on that. Now, I want to create an SDI Video Capture Project for my custom board. I have different FPGA,DDR etc. so I had to change SDI Video Capture Block Design according to my board and generate bitstream. Now I have an HDF file.

However I need a custom BSP file but I don't know how to create that. I applied some steps and open SDK Project but I don't know what library I should choose.

I also wonder if I can read the bsp file that is provided within the VCU TRD project (vcu_petalinux_bsp). Is there a way to do that? If there is, that would give a better insight.

I would appreciate any help.Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

HI @silat14 

Using the BSP from the VCU TRD won't work directly for your board as the BSP as the required patch for the ZCU106.

However, you can always check what is included in the BSP and used parts for your board

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted

HI @silat14 

A BSP is just a packaged petalinux project. So if you create a petalinux project based on the BSP you will have everything

Or a BSP is just a compressed folder. Just use a tool like 7-zip and you will be able to see the content of the BSP

Florent
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for answering @florentw ,

Actually I am a little confused. Because I thought HDF is created by vivado project design and if I add drivers(libraries) I get a BSP File. I created a new vivado design according to my custom board and generated a custom HDF File. I extracted this to SDK and then I tried to create BSP, however I don't know what is the next step. Because when I applied the sample project, I used the given BSP. Thus when I open SDK I thought I should add proper libraries and also I should make correct configurations for them. Then I could open the bsp file via zip program thanks to your advice but I still don't know which file includes these information. I would appreciate if you make some explanations and suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @silat14 

@silat14 wrote:

Thank you for answering @florentw ,

Actually I am a little confused. Because I thought HDF is created by vivado project design and if I add drivers(libraries) I get a BSP File.

[Florent] - This is confusing becasue they use the same name but the BSP in SDK is different from the BSP for petalinux.

In SDK the BSP is basically the library which contains the drivers

In petalinux context, this is a petalinux project packaged for a specific board and most of the time a specific application

I created a new vivado design according to my custom board and generated a custom HDF File. I extracted this to SDK and then I tried to create BSP, however I don't know what is the next step.

[Florent] - This is a different BSP. When you export the HDF then you should create a petalinux project and import the HDF file into it.

Because when I applied the sample project, I used the given BSP. Thus when I open SDK I thought I should add proper libraries and also I should make correct configurations for them. Then I could open the bsp file via zip program thanks to your advice but I still don't know which file includes these information. I would appreciate if you make some explanations and suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

I think you need to do some petalinux tutorials/trainings to understand the flow first

Florent
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hello @florentw,

I am going to read through tutorials in detailed. Also I have another question, you said that "In petalinux context, this is a petalinux project packaged for a specific board " I infer that I cannot use the bsp in the VCU application in my project, since differences between the ZCU106 an my custom board(different FPGA's, peripherals etc.) Am I correct?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

HI @silat14 

Using the BSP from the VCU TRD won't work directly for your board as the BSP as the required patch for the ZCU106.

However, you can always check what is included in the BSP and used parts for your board

Florent

View solution in original post