cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC VCU TRD 2019.1 - SDI Video Capture different bitrates with the same configuration

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am testing Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC VCU TRD 2019.1 - SDI Video Capture pre-built image on a ZCU206 board. My input video is 1080p60fps. I recorded two videos into the sdcard, one of them is 1080p60fps and the other one is 1080p30fps. All other configurations are the same in the input.cfg. When I checked details of the videos, I noticed that they have different bitrates: 60fps has 61421 kbps, and 30fps has 166205 kbps. What may cause this to happen? My input.cfg is given here:

Common Configuration : START
Num Of Input : 1
Output : DP
Out Type : Record
Frame Rate : 30 -- 60 for 60fps
Exit

Input Configuration : START
Input Num : 1
Input Type : sdi
Uri : file:///media/usb/test_1.ts
Raw : FALSE
Format : XV20
Width : 1920
Height : 1080
Exit

Encoder Configuration : START
Encoder Num : 1
Encoder Name : AVC
Profile : Main
Rate Control : CBR
Filler Data : True
QP : Uniform
L2 Cache : TRUE
Latency Mode : NORMAL
Low Bandwidth : False
Gop Mode : Basic
Bitrate : 60000
B Frames : 0
Slice : 8
GoP Length : 60
Format : NV12
Preset : AVC_HIGH
Exit

Record Configuration : START
Record Num : 1
Out File Name : /media/card/sdi_test/test_30fps.ts  -- test_60fps for 60fps
Duration : 1
Exit

Streaming Configuration : START
Streaming Num : 1
Host IP : 192.168.25.89
Port : 5004
Exit

Trace Configuration : START
FPS Info : TRUE
APM Info : TRUE
Pipeline Info : TRUE
Loop Playback : FALSE
Exit

In SDI Capture and Display project, I couldn't view my output. I want to figure out which end isn't working properly, rx or tx, that's why I'm testing only rx project. Can I say that by having videos in the sdcard, encoder block works properly?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC VCU TRD 2019.1 - SDI Video Capture different bitrates with the same configuration

Jump to solution

Hello @florentw,

I checked my sdi source and realized that it was still in 60fps. Then I changed it to 30fps, my output is in 20128 kbps. I think this is expected when the video is in 30 fps.

Thanks in advance.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC VCU TRD 2019.1 - SDI Video Capture different bitrates with the same configuration

Jump to solution

HI @silat14 

I am surprized you got 166205 kbps for 30fps as in you configuration file you are setting bit rate to 166205 kbps.

Could you confirm that when you are setting 30fps in the configuration file, your SDI stream is 30fps? Kindly note that the VCU is not doing frame rate conversion.

Regards

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Hello @florentw,

I checked my sdi source and realized that it was still in 60fps. Then I changed it to 30fps, my output is in 20128 kbps. I think this is expected when the video is in 30 fps.

Thanks in advance.

View solution in original post