cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

compilation and simulation time increased after migration to 12.1+matlab2009

i have migrated from ise10.1 + matlab r2007a to ise 12.1+matlab2009a

just after reinstallation all the system generator models are taking too much time in simulation and compilation etc.

I am not able to figure out the problem..

thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Professor
Professor

Re: compilation and simulation time increased after migration to 12.1+matlab2009

I've generally found that ISE 12.x compares quite favorably to 10.1 in terms of run time, but

it is definitely a memory hog.  If you notice that there is a lot of disk activity during the

compilation, then you may need to increase your system memory to avoid paging to disk.

If you're running Windows, I'd suggest opening the task manager while running the

tools and looking at the physical memory usage in the "performance" tab.  This may give

a clue to the problems.  I don't use MatLab, but it is quite likely that newer versions

use more memory than the older ones for that application, too.  I have never seen

"upgrades" or "updates" of any tools that got smaller...

For more help, you may want to tell us what OS you are running, and how much physical memory

you have installed.

-- Gabor

-- Gabor
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: compilation and simulation time increased after migration to 12.1+matlab2009

I am using windows xp (32 bit)... RAM is 2GB and  i have increased the paging memory space( including all drives) to 8 GB..

i think it must run , if not at very good, but atleast at some decent speed.. wat do u suggest?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Instructor
Instructor

RAM is 2GB...  wat do u suggest?

Two suggestions:

• Upgrade RAM to 4GB (reduce swapping)
  • Upgrade HD to fastest your machine will support (faster swapping)

or switch to Vista-64 (ISE 12.x doesn't support Win7), and upgrade RAM to 8GB or 16GB.

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos