Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

dppt.c replacement for dprx subsystem

Jump to solution

I am upgrading our previous design which used an example design for DisplayPort (dppt.c) that seems to no longer be available. What is a suitable starting point to replace the earlier example design with one from the current dprxss_v5_0 driver? I think the original dppt.c was for a complete DP TX/RX subsystem and we had modified it for just the DP RX, since our design does not need the TX part.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

HI @sandyhelton,

The new top-level software application is included in each of the example designs. For the KC705 example, this will be the xdptxss_kc705.c Ignore the TX as this is a passthrough design and includes both the TX and RX.

You can use this application as an example and then add/remove things to or from your system. 

**As a general rule with the subsystems, you should only need to work with functions in the *ss* files. 

Regards,

Sam

Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

Xilinx Video Design Hub

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted

Hi @sandyhelton,

I do not recommend using the drivers/example design from the old IP with the new IP.

Several years ago we upgraded the IP from the DisplayPort v7.0 to full RX/TX subsystems. 

Currently, for DisplayPort 1.2, these are:

DisplayPort RX Subsystem V2.1 (PG233)

DisplayPort TX SubSystem V2.1 (PG199)

The Displayport v7.0 IP was discontinued in 2017. (PG064)

For upgrading your design from the non-subsystem to the subsystem, I would take a look at the RX SubSystem and its provided example in PG233. (This includes the drivers as well.) I would then replace your older IP with the newer subsystem and use the example design as a guide to implementing the subsystem. When doing so, make sure to use the drivers and example that matches the hardware/Vivado version. Mixing drivers and hardware may cause issues with the driver/hardware.

Here are the available example designs:

2018-12-13 11_07_33-Xilinx Documentation Navigator 2017.2 - file____C__Users_samk_Documents_XilinxDo.png

Regards,

Sam

Xilinx Video Design Hub
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Sam,

Thank you for getting back to me. I have already done exactly as you describe. I have built the pass through design as per PG233 and the only work that remains is the application software that runs on the MicroBlaze. In the older system, there was a top level software application named dppt.c that setup the hardware and enabled DP_RX to begin negotiation. I am looking for a replacement for that top level software. The top level software uses the drivers that are imported from the hardware design, so I believe that all of the drivers correctly reflect the new block design. I am just looking for an application to replace dppt.c that initializes the hardware and helps manage the connection. Does such a top level application exist in the current example design or am I left with the task of writing it from scratch?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

HI @sandyhelton,

The new top-level software application is included in each of the example designs. For the KC705 example, this will be the xdptxss_kc705.c Ignore the TX as this is a passthrough design and includes both the TX and RX.

You can use this application as an example and then add/remove things to or from your system. 

**As a general rule with the subsystems, you should only need to work with functions in the *ss* files. 

Regards,

Sam

Xilinx Video Design Hub

View solution in original post