Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer
Observer

how to config VDMA by xilinx SDK

Jump to solution

hi,

I'm trying to send a stream video to  VDMA . I do it  in sdk . but it does not work .  I want  to config VDMA for data stream going into ddr3. who can help me . Thanks you  in advance.

//S2MM config  
 XAxiVdma_WriteReg(XPAR_AXI_VDMA_1_BASEADDR,0x30, 0x4); //reset S2MM VDMA Control Register  XAxiVdma_WriteReg(XPAR_AXI_VDMA_1_BASEADDR,0x30, 0x8); //genlock  
 XAxiVdma_WriteReg(XPAR_AXI_VDMA_1_BASEADDR,0xAC, 0x1f400000);//S2MM Start Addresses  XAxiVdma_WriteReg(XPAR_AXI_VDMA_1_BASEADDR,0xAC+4, 0x1f900000);  
 XAxiVdma_WriteReg(XPAR_AXI_VDMA_0_BASEADDR,0xAC+8, 0x1ff00000);  
 XAxiVdma_WriteReg(XPAR_AXI_VDMA_0_BASEADDR,0xA4, 2592);//S2MM Horizontal Size 2592  XAxiVdma_WriteReg(XPAR_AXI_VDMA_0_BASEADDR,0xA8, 2592);//S2MM Frame Delay and Stride  XAxiVdma_WriteReg(XPAR_AXI_VDMA_0_BASEADDR,0x30, 0x3);//S2MM VDMA Control Register  XAxiVdma_WriteReg(XPAR_AXI_VDMA_0_BASEADDR,0xA0, 1944);//S2MM Vertical Size start an S2MM transfer

111jpg.jpg

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

HI @flomingo 

This is because you are not pointing correctly to the file. Start by changing the directory to the extracted folder using cd. The you can source the file. The file will not work if you are not sourcing it from the same directory

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hi @flomingo 

I wrote example on how to use and debug the AXI VDMA in my video series. You might want to have a look:

Video Series 24: Using the AXI VDMA in Triple Buffer Mode

Video Series 25: Debugging issues on the AXI VDMA IP

Video Series 26: Examples of advanced uses of the AXI VDMA IP

Let me know if you have any question

Florent
0 Kudos
Observer
Observer
I follow XSCT order ,but it do not work .please look the picture . please help me . what should i do . ps: the environment variables for SDK 2018.1 need to be set . my software is SDK 2015.4 what need to be set ? thank you /////////////////////// Start the Xilinx Software Command Line Tool (XSCT) 2018.1. From the Windows menu, select the following: Start > All Programs > Xilinx Design Tools > Xilinx Software Command Line Tool 2018.1 From the command line: Use the command xsct (the environment variables for SDK 2018.1 need to be set) In XSCT, cd to the path of the extracted folder. Then enter the following command: source create_SW_proj.tcl
11111.jpg
0 Kudos

HI @flomingo 

This is because you are not pointing correctly to the file. Start by changing the directory to the extracted folder using cd. The you can source the file. The file will not work if you are not sourcing it from the same directory

Florent

View solution in original post