cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jyingling
Observer
Observer

smallest xilinx Ultrascale plus part that supports GTH transcievers for direct connection to MIPI 2.5 Gb/s line rate

Jump to solution

Can anyone point me to the simplest/smallest Ultrascale Plus part that can utilize MIPI 2.5 Gb/s line rate? I see from XAPP1339 that the GTH transceiver is required and so I'm looking for the smallest size part that supports this. Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
florentw

Hi @jyingling 

Note that with Ultrascale+, you do not need to use the GTs to support a MIPI 2.5 Gb/s line rate. The HP ports of some devices are supporting 2.5Gbps. For example for Kintex Ultrascale+, refer to DS922:

florentw_1-1617790881095.png

Most of the Kintex Ultrascale+ devices can support 2.5Gbps (excepting -1 speedgrade with 0.72V operating voltage).

The Artix Ultrascale+ datasheet is not public yet but some should support 2.5Gbps as per the product brief. So you might have a smaller part:

florentw_2-1617791152536.png

So you might want to contact the sales or an authorized partner to get more detail about the Artix Ultrascale+ portfolio and its MIPI support

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
xilinxacct
Instructor
Instructor

@jyingling

This should help... https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/selection-guides/ultrascale-plus-fpga-product-selection-guide.pdf

Hope that Helps
If so, Please mark as solution accepted. Kudos also welcomed.

0 Kudos
jyingling
Observer
Observer

This is helpful and I did look at it. But I can't tell if the Atrix parts will support 2.5Gb/s line rate receiver for MIPI on any of the input pins. I see that AU10P  has GTH I/O which is what I need but it says they are rated for a reduced 12.5 Gb/s. Also the smallest 368 pin package is listed as uncharacterized. Would the Atrix part be able to support 2.5Gb/s MIPI RX line rate?

0 Kudos
watari
Teacher
Teacher

Hi @jyingling 

Would you refer this URL ?

It's smallest package (InFO). However it's not Ultrascale plus and it's Zynq MPSoC. (FPGA fabric is same as Ultrascale plus.)

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/white_papers/wp527-info-cameras.pdf

Best regards,

0 Kudos
jyingling
Observer
Observer

The transceivers don't look fast enought. Only 6Gb/s. I'm looking for the smallest (pin count and resource wise) that can still do GTH transceiver to handle MIPI 2.5Gb/s.

0 Kudos
florentw

Hi @jyingling 

Note that with Ultrascale+, you do not need to use the GTs to support a MIPI 2.5 Gb/s line rate. The HP ports of some devices are supporting 2.5Gbps. For example for Kintex Ultrascale+, refer to DS922:

florentw_1-1617790881095.png

Most of the Kintex Ultrascale+ devices can support 2.5Gbps (excepting -1 speedgrade with 0.72V operating voltage).

The Artix Ultrascale+ datasheet is not public yet but some should support 2.5Gbps as per the product brief. So you might have a smaller part:

florentw_2-1617791152536.png

So you might want to contact the sales or an authorized partner to get more detail about the Artix Ultrascale+ portfolio and its MIPI support

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**

View solution in original post

0 Kudos