UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

12-bit per component Gamma Correction LUT

Hello,

Xilinx has a Gamma Correction IP supporting up to 12-bit per component (PG004).which is now discontinued.

It is being replaced by the LogiCore Gamma LUT (PG285) which only goes up to 10-bit per component.

Does this mean that a Gamma LUT with 12-bit per component is not provided any longer?

Regards.

Jmcm

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

Re: 12-bit per component Gamma Correction LUT

Hi @jmcm ,

Yes your understanding seems correct.

If 12-bit support for gamma correction LUT is a requirement for you, I encourage you to contact your FAE about this to see if this can be implemented in future releases.

Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi Florent,

Yes, 12 bits per component, 2 pixels per clock, 300MHz.

Thanks,

Jacques

0 Kudos

HI @jmcm 

Then please contact your FAE about this.

Florent
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hello Florent,

I started on the design of the LUT as I need to progress in my project.  I am using 3 xpm_memory_tdpram with a read latency of 1 made out of ultra-rams to get 2 pixels per clock.

The axi-lite interface to program the LUTs is straight forward.  But I'm having problems with the axi-stream master and slave interfaces.

One way maybe to do this is to duplicate the URAMs to avoid creating bubbles in the stream but I would rather stay with 3 if possible.  Could you please point me to some docs or template codes to do this if there is any.

Regards,

Jacques

0 Kudos

Hi Jacques @jmcm 

Did you consider using HLS for this? What I found great with this is that you do not have to really care about the AXI4-Stream interface. You just say "read or write" data. It might save you same headhache

I made an example of video IP as part of my video series: Video Beginner Series 17: Create a Video Crop IP using HLS (part 1) and Video Beginner Series 18: Create a Video Crop IP using HLS (part 2)

Florent
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Thanks Florent,

I'll look into it.

Jacques

0 Kudos