UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AXI4-Stream to Video Out IP locked but no output

I'm using AXI4-Stream to Video Out IP (4.0) with Vivado 2015.4. I found out the locked is done (active High), overflow and underflow are low, vtg_ce is high. In the status bits, I found out idle(status[0]) is low. status [1,2,8,9] are all high.

BUT, there is no output from the video output signals (vid_vsync, vid_hsync, vid_active_video and the vid_data) active. They keep low always.

WHY?

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Re: AXI4-Stream to Video Out IP locked but no output

I rechecked and found out in VTC (6.1) parameter setting, I didn't check the item "Synchronize Generator to Detector or to fsync_in". I checked it, then found out AXI4-Stream to Video Out IP locked came to inactive and there is positive pulse of underflow signal at the beginning of the first line of each frame.

Still looking for solution...

0 Kudos

More information come: I'm using a pix clock at 45MHz and an aclk at 150MHz.

0 Kudos

Hi @xingwang_chen,

Could you show a sreenshot of the configuration of the AXI4-Stream to Video Out IP? And a screenshot of your design?

Did you check the output from your video timing controller (I guess you have used a VTC, else this is your issue)?

Hope that helps,

Kind Regards,

Florent

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @florentw

Thanks so much for your reply and question. Here I'd like to show the the picture I just captured as below. I had VTC designed in and I did check the output of the VTC. It worked very well with active output of hs/vs/activevideo/data.

无标题.png

0 Kudos

HI @xingwang_chen,

Could you try to connect directly the video timing_out interface from the VTC to the timing_in interface from the video_out IP? (without connetcing net by net)

Also I usually leave aclken, video_out_ce unconnected. Please check that their are connected to 1.

Regards,

Florent

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos