UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

AXI4-Stream to Video Out is not locked.

Jump to solution

AXI4s-Stream to Video Out is not generating any v and h sync nor any video data. I do see v and h sync and blanking signals being generated by the VTC and there is stream of video coming from the VDMA block all the way into the v_axi4s_vid_out_0 block. But no Video signals out to HDMI. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I'm using the vivado 2016.3 version.axi4s_stream_to_video_diagrma.JPGAxi4s_stream_to_video_ila.JPGAxi4s_stream_to_video_under_flow_ila.JPG. I see the the underflow is either high or pulsing.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: AXI4-Stream to Video Out is not locked.

Jump to solution

Hi @aynilian,

What is wrong is that you are in underflow. So you don't have enough data to have a good HDMI stream. Propably one of your IP is not giving enough data.

Regards,

Florent

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
7 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @aynilian,

What is wrong is that you are in underflow. So you don't have enough data to have a good HDMI stream. Propably one of your IP is not giving enough data.

Regards,

Florent

Florent
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

If you have VDMA in the data path, please ensure AXI4-Stream to Video Out in master mode. For more details, please take a look at page 23 of https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/v_axi4s_vid_out/v4_0/pg044_v_axis_vid_out.pdf

Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hi Xud,

The clocking was based on a Zedboard reference design for HDMI. The VDMA m_axis_mm2s_aclk and rest of the video processing blocks including the v_axi4s_video_out blocks are tied to FCLK_CLK1 (150 Mhz or 142.87..Mhz actual) The VTC is tied to a 148.5Mhz clock. Which kind of makes sense that the hsync and vsync are being generated faster than the stream coming in. I will try to connect the VDMA m_axis_mm2s_aclk and the following video stream to the same 148.5Mhz clock as the VTC. 

Also the v_axi4s_video_out Axi4s stream to Video block is configured as: Clock Mode -> Common,  Timing Mode: Master. 

See pictures below.

axi4s_stream_to_video_diagrma_clk.JPGaxi4s_stream_zynq_clk.JPGaxi4s_stream_to_video_diagrma3.JPG

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hi florentw,

The VTC clock is 148.5 Mhz and the rest of the vido stream is clocked at actual clock rate of 142.87.. Mhz. This explains the underflow, but I thought the Axi4s stream to Video converter would accommodate the difference by re-transmitting the same line once in a while to match the clock differences. The clocking was based on an HDMI reference design for the Zedboard. I will reconnect the same clock for the VTC and Video Stream and post back my results.

Thanks!

Aynilian.

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hi  

0 Kudos
Visitor azerty
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hello every body

I have a problem witch can be similar to yourse but my block design is diffrent, can I get the testbench using to simulate your design? I write a testbench but I get somme errors so I can't simulate it.

thank youCapturemmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.PNG

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @azerty,

This is an old topic. Please create a new topic on the video board and other members could help you to solve the issue in you testbench.

Note: I am closing this topic for new replies

Regards,

Florent
0 Kudos