UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

DP TX 1.4 Subystem 2.0 example design for MST in 2018.3?

Jump to solution

I'm currently evaluating the DP 1.4 TX subsystem (covered by PG299) in a ZCU102 development platform using the Inrevium DP 1.4 FMC card. The PG299 document covers how the design was tested as fully compliant with DP 1.4 with 4 MSTs. It also covers in detail how one would develop the MST interface. While I understand the spec and how it all works, I'm wondering if there is an example design available that has the software stack all built up for MST? The existing example design is for SST only. It seems simple enough to add the other stream connections and modify the example project to do MST, so really its a major software change (aux messaging client, MSAs, DPCD writes, etc) I'd like a working example to start from. Like was done with the HDMI Example projects? Searched thoroughly for this answer before posting. Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: DP TX 1.4 Subystem 2.0 example design for MST in 2018.3?

Jump to solution

Hi @colonelmasako 

All the example designs available for the Displayport 1.4 TX Subsystem are mentioned in the chapter 6 of pg299. As you can see there is no mention of MST, thus no example design is currently available.

With that said, if you are a little patient, there will be one example design for MST (path-through on ZCU102) in 2019.1 (do not ask me if to get acess before as it will not be possible and do not ask me when 2019.1 will be released as we do not povide the exact date (but it will be in few weeks))

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
4 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @colonelmasako 

All the example designs available for the Displayport 1.4 TX Subsystem are mentioned in the chapter 6 of pg299. As you can see there is no mention of MST, thus no example design is currently available.

With that said, if you are a little patient, there will be one example design for MST (path-through on ZCU102) in 2019.1 (do not ask me if to get acess before as it will not be possible and do not ask me when 2019.1 will be released as we do not povide the exact date (but it will be in few weeks))

Florent

Jump to solution

Thanks, that is the information I was looking for. Will there be a 2018.4 (usually you do even releases to fix bugs right?), or will Vivado move from 2018.3 straight to 2019.1? That gives me a little more information on the time frame. Thanks!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @colonelmasako ,

No there will not be a 2018.4. We are now moving to 2 releases/year (201x.1 and 201x.2). 2018 was a transition year with 3 releases.

2019.1 is the next release which is coming soon

Florent
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Great to hear. Thanks for the support

0 Kudos