UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor lennart_mle
Visitor

DPHY Register Space in Mipi CSI2 RX Subsystem

Jump to solution

Hi there,

I'm trying to debug my connection between two FPGAs using a MIPI CSI2 TX subsystem in the first FPGA and an according RX Subsystem in the receiving FPGA.

Now I'd like to read the registers from the receiving FPGAs DPHY in the MIPI CSI2 Rx Subsystem. The User guide says that these registers exists if the DPHY exists but it doesn't say how they are mapped there. The last RX Subsystem specific register is at an offset of 0x7c but if I check register 0x7d (using devmem on petalinux on PS) I get an unhandled alignment fault. 
So I assume the DPHY registers are mapped somewhere else? I'd appreciate if somebody could tell me where to find the first DPHY register in the RX Subsystem's register space and by that chance maybe add the information to the user guide as well.

Many thanks!

Lenn

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: DPHY Register Space in Mipi CSI2 RX Subsystem

Jump to solution

Hi @lennart_mle,

Did you check the Product Guide for the MIPI D-PHY IP(pg202)? It contains the register space for the IP:

MIPI.JPG

Then as per MIPI CSI2 RX, the offset for the MIPI D-PHY register will be 0x1_0000 if the AXI IIC is not present and 0x2_0000 if it is present.

MIPI2.JPG

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @lennart_mle,

Did you check the Product Guide for the MIPI D-PHY IP(pg202)? It contains the register space for the IP:

MIPI.JPG

Then as per MIPI CSI2 RX, the offset for the MIPI D-PHY register will be 0x1_0000 if the AXI IIC is not present and 0x2_0000 if it is present.

MIPI2.JPG

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
Visitor lennart_mle
Visitor

Jump to solution

Well that's embarrassing. I only saw the statement on p.27 of PG232 which says that the D-PHY registers will be there but it doesn't say where...

Thanks for pointing me to the correct lines ;)

0 Kudos