UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor gmadalvanos
Visitor

DisplayPort RX Subsystem Licensing issue?

Jump to solution

Hello,

I've been trying to follow the steps for DisplayPort RX Subsystem v2.1 but when I am attempting to do steps 7/8 I'm receiving the following errors. It appears to be a licensing issue but I'm unsure if that is all.

The board is the Kintex-7 KC705.

The software version is Vivado 2018.2

The IP is DisplayPort RX subsystem

This fails at step 7

set_property -dict [list CONFIG.ExampleModes {3}] [get_bd_cells dp_rx_subsystem_0]
BEGIN1: update_boundary
WARNING: [IP_Flow 19-2162] IP 'displayport_v7_0_9_rs_decoder_v9_0_14_viv' is locked:
* IP 'displayport_v7_0_9_rs_decoder_v9_0_14_viv' requires one or more mandatory licenses but no valid licenses were found. However license checkpoints may prevent use of this IP in some tool flows.
Please select 'Report IP Status' from the 'Tools/Report' menu or run Tcl command 'report_ip_status' for more information.
ERROR: [Common 17-107] Cannot change read-only property 'CONFIG.aclken'.
Resolution: Please refer to Vivado Properties Reference Guide (UG912) for more information on setting properties.
CRITICAL WARNING: [IP_Flow 19-1747] Failed to deliver file 'c:/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.2/data/ip/xilinx/displayport_v7_0/ttcl/rs_decoder_elaborate.xit': ERROR: [Common 17-107] Cannot change read-only property 'CONFIG.aclken'.
Resolution: Please refer to Vivado Properties Reference Guide (UG912) for more information on setting properties.

ERROR: [IP_Flow 19-167] Failed to deliver one or more file(s).
ERROR: [IP_Flow 19-3541] IP Elaboration error: Failed to generate IP 'dp_rx_subsystem_0/inst/dp'. Failed to generate 'Elaborate Sub-Cores' outputs:
ERROR: [BD 41-145] Parameter lnk_clk.CLK_DOMAIN not found on block dp
ERROR: [BD 41-145] Parameter common_qpll_clk_out.CLK_DOMAIN not found on block dp
ERROR: [BD 41-145] Parameter common_qpll_ref_clk_out.CLK_DOMAIN not found on block dp
ERROR: [BD 41-145] Parameter lnk_clk_ibufds_out.CLK_DOMAIN not found on block dp
ERROR: [Common 17-39] 'create_bd_cell' failed due to earlier errors.
CRITICAL WARNING: [IP_Flow 19-1747] Failed to deliver file 'c:/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.2/data/ip/xilinx/dp_rx_subsystem_v2_1/elaborate/bd.xit': ERROR: [Common 17-39] 'create_bd_cell' failed due to earlier errors.

ERROR: [IP_Flow 19-167] Failed to deliver one or more file(s).
ERROR: [IP_Flow 19-3541] IP Elaboration error: Failed to generate IP 'dp_rx_subsystem_0'. Failed to generate 'Elaborate BD' outputs: Failed to elaborate IP.
INFO: [IP_Flow 19-3438] Customization errors found on 'dp_rx_subsystem_0'. Restoring to previous valid configuration.
ERROR: [BD 41-245] set_property error - Customization errors found on 'dp_rx_subsystem_0'. Restoring to previous valid configuration.

INFO: [Common 17-17] undo 'set_property -dict [list CONFIG.ExampleModes {3}] [get_bd_cells dp_rx_subsystem_0]'
ERROR: [Common 17-39] 'set_property' failed due to earlier errors.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: DisplayPort RX Subsystem Licensing issue?

Jump to solution

Hi @gmadalvanos,

I can get the same error if I try to add the displayport subsystem IP and I do not have any valid license (HW evaluation or full). Please check the following

1. You have generated a valid license for the Displayport subsystem IP (if not you can generate a HW evaluation from this link)
  2. Make sure you can see this license in Vivado License Manager
    Dplic.PNG
  3. Make sure the column value for "Host ID" is "Yes" and for "CRC Check" is "Okay"
    Dplic1.PNG
  4. If You have all of this, please try to point to the license location in the XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE field
    Dplic2.PNG

Let me know if that helps,

Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
2 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @gmadalvanos,

I can get the same error if I try to add the displayport subsystem IP and I do not have any valid license (HW evaluation or full). Please check the following

1. You have generated a valid license for the Displayport subsystem IP (if not you can generate a HW evaluation from this link)
  2. Make sure you can see this license in Vivado License Manager
    Dplic.PNG
  3. Make sure the column value for "Host ID" is "Yes" and for "CRC Check" is "Okay"
    Dplic1.PNG
  4. If You have all of this, please try to point to the license location in the XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE field
    Dplic2.PNG

Let me know if that helps,

Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
Visitor gmadalvanos
Visitor

Jump to solution

This worked, thank you very much!

0 Kudos