UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

DisplayPort Rx Subsystem

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am working with the Displayport Rx subsystem 1.4 IP block and it looks like the IP is a hierarchical block that contains the display port controller. I would like to instantiate the controller itself and not the subsystem. THe DP controller IP says that its hidden. Is there any way to access the IP and instantiate it standalone?

Appreciate your help.

Regards,

SKa

dp.PNG
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: DisplayPort Rx Subsystem

Jump to solution

@aoifem Nope. I don't think this can be done. There is no way to use the IP blocks inside the DPRxSS, as standalone IPs.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @skaat27 

A subsystem is a "sub-block design" which will change depending on the configuration of the IP. You can have less IPs under it.

For example, if you select Native interface, the Video Bridge will not be present.

But to answer the question, no it is not possible to use only the controller because some sub-IPs are required.

For example, the Xilinx Displayport RX solution expects the use of a retimer (megachip) and this retimer has to be programmed using IIC. So there is a reason why it is here.

Regards

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

@florentw 

Thanks for the reply. So let me explain my situation a little bit. I basically want to expand the hierarchy of the Rx subsytem block (Which i was not able to). The reason why i asked if i can use just the controller is that, since i wasnt able to exapnd the hierarchy, i wanted to create the subsystem with the same components but not as a hierachical block. I hope you understand what i am trying to say. 

To put it simple, i want to expand the hierarchy of the Rx subsystem.

0 Kudos
Scholar watari
Scholar

Jump to solution

Hi @skaat27 

What kind of module do you get ?

Giga bit transmitter ? Deskew controller ? Remapper ? and so on.

However, I strongly believe there are a lot of know-how. So that, IP vendor strongly want to hide this feeling from a couple of exceptions.

Hence, user can only choose output signal type from stream type/native video type.

Best regards,

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

HI @skaat27 

I am not sure what you mean by expend the hierachy? What are you trying to do? What is you end goal?

Florent
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @skaat27 

Do you have any update on this?

Regards,

Aoife
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

@aoifem Nope. I don't think this can be done. There is no way to use the IP blocks inside the DPRxSS, as standalone IPs.

View solution in original post