UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

DisplayPort dp_rx_subsystem IP license not found, IP contains locked subcore

Jump to solution

Hi, I am trying to make a small change to a design I have that contains an instance of the dp_rx_subsystem, and Vivado 2017.2.1 is telling me that the dp_rx_subsystem IP is locked and for me to check the license, but my license shows up to date (see images below).

vivado1.png

Vivado2.png

Could somebody please help me figure out how to unlock the IP so I can make the small change?

Thanks.

Tim

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: DisplayPort dp_rx_subsystem IP license not found, IP contains locked subcore

Jump to solution

Hi @tim_severance,

Put your .lic file into a known folder then point to it in VLM:

lic.PNG

EDIT: In fact from your screenshot in seems that you already have your own path. But it seems it starts with a coma. Could you try the same path as me?

If this doesn't work, could you try to create a new project and see if you have the same behaviour? (make sure you close vivado in between)

Regards

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
Tags (1)
8 Replies

Re: DisplayPort dp_rx_subsystem IP license not found, IP contains locked subcore

Jump to solution

Hi @tim_severance,

Could you try to reset output product and regenerate them?

Was it working previously? Could you try to make sure you are pointing to the license path Vivado Licence Manager (XILINXD field). Sometimes VLM can get the license but not Vivado.

Regards,

Florent
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@florentw,

Thanks for the fast response!

See below, I cannot seem to reset output products since it is greyed out.   Do you know how to fix this?

Also, for checking the license path if it is visible to Vivado, is this something you could step me through how to do in Vivado?

Vivado3.png

Thanks.

Tim

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @tim_severance,

Put your .lic file into a known folder then point to it in VLM:

lic.PNG

EDIT: In fact from your screenshot in seems that you already have your own path. But it seems it starts with a coma. Could you try the same path as me?

If this doesn't work, could you try to create a new project and see if you have the same behaviour? (make sure you close vivado in between)

Regards

Florent
Tags (1)

Jump to solution

@florentw, what about the reset output products being greyed out?   

Thanks.

Tim

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @tim_severance,

It seems to be because vivado cannot find your license (I can reproduce this behaviour on my pc if I create a project with DP and then remove my license)

Florent
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@florentw,

That seemed to work, but I need the XILINNXD_LICENSE_FILE to be something else for our company purchased IPs which is in the format XXX@YYY.companyname.com.   What do you recommend?   Below are the exact steps I took in case anybody else stumbles upon this.

1. Located the lic license file that contained the IP license.

2. Copied that location and pasted it into the XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE box like Florent mentioned above.

3. Closed Vivado and reopened it.

4. Opened the block design and re-validated it, which worked this time.

5. Verified I can right click the Sources->design_1_i (design_1.bd) instance and reset output products is now available.

6. Ran Report IP status and verified that all IPs now show as up to date.

Thanks.

Tim

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

HI @tim_severance,

I need the XILINNXD_LICENSE_FILE to be something else for our company purchased IPs which is in the format XXX@YYY.companyname.com.   What do you recommend?

> It is part of the example for the floating licenses:

lic.PNG

You can have both floating and local license by separating the path with a semicolon

lic.PNG

Regards

Florent
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@florentw,

Thanks for that.   I understand now, and I now see that there is an example of how to do that in the Manage License Search Paths window itself under Example: Pointing to multiple locations.   

I appreciate the help!

Tim

0 Kudos