UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

DisplayPort timeout on symbol lock and support for TPS4

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am using the DisplayPort RX IP on a Kintex-7 325T project using Vivado/SDK 2018.1 and we are currently using this in a design and I have some questions.

1. Does the driver for the RX IP have some kind of timeout setting for symbol lock during the training phase?   If so, is this programmable?

2. Does the DP RX IP support training using the TPS4 pattern?

Thanks.

Tim

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: DisplayPort timeout on symbol lock and support for TPS4

Jump to solution

Hi @tim_severance,

1. I believe if you change the BS IDLE TIME (0x220) it will also act during the training. There is also a timeout during CDR you can set in reg 0x21C.

2. TPS4 is not part of the DP1.2a spec (it was introduced in DP1.3 spec). Thus no, the IP does not support it. Only our DP1.4 IP supports it but the IP is supported only on US/US+ fabric.

Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
2 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @tim_severance,

1. I believe if you change the BS IDLE TIME (0x220) it will also act during the training. There is also a timeout during CDR you can set in reg 0x21C.

2. TPS4 is not part of the DP1.2a spec (it was introduced in DP1.3 spec). Thus no, the IP does not support it. Only our DP1.4 IP supports it but the IP is supported only on US/US+ fabric.

Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**

Jump to solution

@florentw,

Thanks for the answers.   This is helpful.

Tim

0 Kudos