UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Displayport tx link debug

Hi all,

I'm working on a custom board with Displayport IP, I used the example design to start debugging my hardware. Actually the receiver section seems to work properly, as I connect my videocard, my board is recognized as a new 4K monitor and in the MSA rx attributes I read the correct values of the input video.
Now I'm trying to check the tx section, always using the example provided with the IP as a starting point.
I see that the AUX channel is working properly as I'm able to read the monitor EDID and preferred resolution 3840x2160@60Hz etc...
The Tx section is connected to a video pattern generator (Xilinx IP) with video resolution 3840x2160, as I connect the monitor I see:
SS INFO:Training passed at link rate:0x14 lane count:4
SS INFO: Link bandwidth = 2160000 Kbps and video bandwidth = 1782000 Kbps

SS INFO:SST: Config done!

SS INFO:Link is UP after main link enabled!

SS INFO:Enabled main link!

So I think that the training is pass and everything is properly configured but the monitor tell me no signal, I'm missing something?

In the board I'm using SN75DP130 as PHY redriver, I didn't change the default setup as I think is already correct, I've to use a particular setup? As the training pass, I think the redriver has done his job of monitoring AUX channel and change his output levels.

I saw with the debug that the axi stream from the pattern generator and the tx subsystem is running, I check various registers of the IP and all seems ok.

Any advise?

Regards

0 Kudos
6 Replies

Re: Displayport tx link debug

Hi @auricm,

Using the example design is a good starting point.

Have you tried other resolutions?

Can you try the debug suggestions listed in PG199?

2018-07-24 09_35_58-Xilinx Documentation Navigator 2017.2 - file____C__Users_samk_Documents_XilinxDo.png

2018-07-24 09_37_43-Xilinx Documentation Navigator 2017.2 - file____C__Users_samk_Documents_XilinxDo.png

Regards,

Sam

Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

Xilinx Video Design Hub
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi @samk

thanks for the answer, already check the first 4 points and are ok, I don't have a working log, so I can't compare my register dump.

Actually I'm unable to check DPCD as SDK is not working and I'm looking for a solution. I will let you know as soon as possible.

Regars

0 Kudos

Hi @auricm,

Do you have any updates on this?

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi @florentw,

actually I've no updates on this, I'm unable to check DPCD registers.

I will let you know if I've news

regards

0 Kudos

Hi @auricm,

I would like to check if you had any updates on this topic? I guess you had as we haven't heard from you for few months :)

Is it possible for you to share your solution with the community?

Many Thanks,

Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi @florentw,

actually seems to be an hardware problem, so I'm waiting for new boards.
Thank you for your support

Regards