cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Does Xilinx HDMI 2.0 IP support non-integer frame rate such as 59.94p and 29.97p

I just want to confirm Xilinx HDMI support capacity inquiry towards non-integer frame rate. In the IP specification, it doesn't mention and list the format with non-integer frame rate like 59.94p at all, on the other hand, Xilinx has documented everything for SDI. However, for other major vendors, their HDMI chips do support both integer and non-integer frame rate in default configuration. 

In Xilinx's IP specification and SDK driver, they don't mention non-integer frame rate either, please help to confirm with Xilinx about this specification ASAP. Thanks.

For input format 1080p60 and 1080p59.94p, the HDMI IP detects them as  1080p60 uniformly without being able to differentiate them.  

Rx Stream INFO:
        Color Format:     YUV_422
        Color Depth:      12
        Pixels Per Clock: 2
        Mode:             Progressive
        Frame Rate:       60Hz
        Resolution:       1920x1080@60Hz
        Pixel Clock:      148500000

Here is the definition in XSDK driver.

Tags (2)
4 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Does Xilinx HDMI 2.0 IP support non-integer frame rate such as 59.94p and 29.97p

Hello cloudyundezhi@gmail.com ,

Xilinx HDMI IP was validated with the Integer Frame rates of Video resolutions, and those details are addressed in the PG235 and PG236. Most Probbaly, Xilinx HDMI IP won't support the non-integer frame rates.

I hope it helps to You.

With Regards,

Ashok

Highlighted

Re: Does Xilinx HDMI 2.0 IP support non-integer frame rate such as 59.94p and 29.97p

@ashokkum thanks for your reply. Do you think it is a full and complete HDMI solution if non-integer frame rate is not present. Does Xilinx R&D have the plan and roadmap to support it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello cloudyundezhi@gmail.com ,

I don’t have any Idea about including non-integer frame rate support in the future release of HDMI. For this You need to contact Your local FAE, they will check with our marketing team and can provide more details about this.

I hope You understand.

With Regards,

Ashok

Highlighted

Hi cloudyundezhi@gmail.com 

I do not think the HDMI spec mentioned the fractional frame rate. So I do not think this is even supported by the spec.

Regards

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos